Responsibilities include but are not limited to ensuring compliance with applicable environmental and land regulations at the Tehachapi Cement plant. Work with the plant team to ensure compliance with all environmental permits and plans. Monitor day to day compliance and engage in personnel training. Participate in in professional and industry organizations concerning environmental issues related to the cement plant. Interface as the company advocate for environmental issues with regulatory agencies that have jurisdiction for the plant. Facilitate environmental permitting as required for the plant sustainability of operations.
- Work with the plant’s team and when required with consultants to ensure environmental and land regulatory compliance in the facility.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local rules and regulations including permits such as: Title V, Waste Discharge Requirements, non-transient non-community water system, and solid waste.
- Manage compliance of recordkeeping and reporting requirements such as: emissions inventories, greenhouse gas reporting, chemical inventories, aboveground storage tanks, hazardous waste generation, etc.
- Ensure the correct implementation of plans including SPCC, greenhouse management, hazardous materials business plan, groundwater monitoring plan, etc.
- Manage the plant’s environmental budget.
- Assist in planning and implementation of projects to meet environmental requirements.
- Manage an environmental management system across the plant operations.
- Investigate and resolve potential compliance issues, questions, or complaints received from within the company, customers, regulatory agencies and/or the public.
- Evaluate environmental compliance and ensure effective implementation of corrective actions.
- Ensure all environmental sampling, monitoring, reporting, permit renewals and record retention is successfully completed. Ensure compliance requirements are met through organizational and procedural measures.
- Train plant personnel and contractors on applicable environmental issues and regulations, including related company policies.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of Federal, state, and local environmental regulations.
- Regularly evaluate Martin Marietta environmental compliance and effectively communicate issues of non-compliance to management.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as environmental, scientific, or engineering discipline
- At least 5 years of environmental experience in the cement, aggregate, RMC, mining, or similar industry
- High level of knowledge of Federal, State/Province, and local environmental and land use laws and regulations
- Working knowledge of all environmental laws and regulations affecting cement manufacturing is a plus.
- Experience and demonstrated ability managing a multi-faceted environmental program including air and water quality, hazardous waste and materials, biological species issues, mining reclamation, and soil and water remediation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Superb time management and judgement skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks; good planning skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including report writing.
- Project management skills
- Ability to independently learn and understand technical, regulatory, and external issues regarding the environmental programs at the plant.
- Ability to positively interact with regulatory agencies to ensure understanding of requirements and obtain achievable compliance requirements.
- Ability to independently develop, lead, and implement effective environmental and management systems to ensure full compliance.
- Ability to effectively communicate and implement systems required compliance activities to plant employees who are tasked with performing them.
- Microsoft Office proficiency
At Martin Marietta, safety is first in everything we do. It is our primary company value. Safety is vital to our culture and a shared responsibility.
Engaging Our People
We are committed to supporting and investing in our employees, and to providing programs and resources that enrich the personal and professional quality of their lives.
We are dedicated to doing business the right way. Our employees hold themselves, and each other, to the utmost standard of integrity. Our business ethics allow us to maintain our strong commitment to honesty, integrity and accountability.
Building a career/ Building a community
- At Martin Marietta we want you to find a lifelong career and build a sense of community where shared values and mutual respect drives our vision for a better workplace.
- Health/welfare Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision programs, prescription drug coverage, plus much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
The base salary compensation, exclusive of benefits or bonuses (discretionary and non-discretionary), will be determined based on factors such as geographic location, business need, market conditions, proficiencies, skills, education, and experience. Additionally, at Martin Marietta we place a high value on internal pay equity and will consider the compensation for those in similarly situated roles and direct team members. The posted range for this role represents the total reasonable pay range and does not solely represent a hiring range. Therefore, hiring at the top or maximum of the range should not be expected as it would not allow for salary growth opportunities in the role, would diminish promotion value, and may not align with internal equity. In addition to our base compensation and bonus opportunities, we also offer a competitive benefits package (more information on benefits listed below).
At Martin Marietta, we offer a variety of health and welfare benefits, including medical, dental and vision coverage; prescription drug coverage; health savings accounts; flexible spending accounts; and life, AD&D and disability insurance. We also encourage our employees to plan for the future by offering a 401(k) with a company match and an employer-funded defined benefit pension plan. Other benefits include paid time off, paid holidays, education/tuition assistance, an employee discount program, adoption assistance, wellness programs and more.
Salary Range Minimum: USD 95500
Salary Range Maximum: USD 124000