Environmental Intern Inspector
Our Environmental Sector delivers comprehensive environmental solutions to meet the full project lifecycle needs of clients in renewable energy, oil & gas, transportation, and manufacturing industries. With one of the largest multimedia air and land permitting and compliance teams in the country, we support client success in manufacturing and industry, liquids delivery and processing, natural gas storage and delivery, power generation and delivery, and transportation projects.
We are seeking interns to work with our Senior Environmental Inspectors conducting pre-construction surveys, construction monitoring, prepare monitoring reports, and working with construction crews to maintain compliance with permits and regulations. These paid positions can be based out of our Clifton Park, Ithaca, Liverpool and West Seneca, NY offices with our Planning, Permitting and Licensing group.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Conduct pre-construction surveys, construction monitoring, and preparing monitoring reports.
- Work with construction crews to maintain compliance with permits and regulations.
- Assure that erosion and sedimentation control measures are installed and maintained.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Prefer candidates seeking or received degrees in Forestry, Biology, Ecology, Environmental Engineering or Related Field.
- Prefer candidates with some experience in construction, farming or land use activities.
- Strong verbal communications and technical communication skills are preferred but not required, along with the ability to maintain a positive attitude working under aggressive schedules.
- Willingness to work 5-6 days per week and 10 to 12-hour days outside in the elements on a regular basis
- Must have reliable transportation
- Experience with utility or energy construction projects.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply environmental compliance and permitting regulations of applicable regulatory agencies in NYS.
- Development and implementation of mitigation measures
TRC is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information, please visit our website athttp://www.trccompanies.com/.