Environmental Health & Safety Manager
GET TO KNOW JUSHI & BEYOND/HELLO
We identify, evaluate, and acquire U.S.-based cannabis operations within each state to vertically integrate, produce, and distribute medical grade cannabis formulations in the United States offering patients and customers premium, high-grade cannabis and related products.
The Environmental Health & Safety Manager (EHSM) will serve as the primary health & safety point of contact for the field locations in the respective market and support management with addressing and ensuring all federal and local legislative compliance, develop and maintain SOPs pertaining to safety, develop an autonomous EHS culture, promote defined Health and Wellness programs, define EHS standard operating procedures, provide EHS training, develop risk identification and reduction awareness and methods, all achieved through participation and employee engagement. EHSM proactively drives awareness, communicates best practices, and implements new programs related to Safety. Work to ensure safe behavior, machinery, and regulatory compliance for EHS at each site. Lead continuous improvement of EHS Management System. Facilitates cross-site discussions, projects and best-practice sharing across other key cultivation, manufacturing, retail sites regarding EHS topics.
Leadership: Be the go to person for Jushi Safety Committee Team. Ensure safe behavior, safe equipment and regulatory compliance of all outside contractors. Lead and oversee the efforts in support of the site's Statistical and Non-Statistical goals. Exhibits model behavior as related to EHS policies and practices and enforces safety rules and regulations in a manner consistent with the corporate Values and Attitudes. Work closely with Corporate Human Resource and Safety team.
Change Agent: Proactively drive awareness and communicate best practices related to Safety, promoting an autonomous EHS culture. Develop, schedule and deliver impactful and interactive training to supervisors, employees and contractors on subjects related to EHS. Implement and maintain a best-in-class Behavior Based Safety program.
Safety Practices: Continuously inspect and evaluate the environment, equipment, processes, and workplace to ensure compliance with government safety regulations, corporation and industry standards. Oversee investigations and reporting of incidents including near-miss, First-Aid and Accidents involving injuries and/or property damage at the Pennsylvania sites and make recommendations for corrective action. Oversee and maintain site risk assessment initiatives such as Risk Assessments, and develop and implement action plans. Work closely with HR, Operations and all sites to ensure machinery, tooling and all equipment is safe.
Regulatory Compliance: Oversee the filing of all internal, corporate, local, state and federal reporting relating to regulatory compliance. Maintain OSHA logs, 300, 300A and 301 and maintain certification status at the site. Responsible to stay abreast of current OSHA requirements. Site liaison for OSHA. Maintain hazardous waste disposal program. Lead First Aid/CPR, PPE, and AED programs. Manage the site's Toxic Risk Management process. Creates, implements, trains and audits environmental, health and safety policies, procedures and practices.
- Inspects the facility to identify safety, health, and environmental risks
- Develops and implements inspection policies and procedures, and a schedule of routine inspections
- Develops health and safety procedures for all areas of the company
- Prepares and schedules training to cover emergency procedures, workplace safety, and other relevant topics
- Monitors compliance with safety procedures
- Drafts inspection reports to document inspection findings
- Ensures that material safety data sheets are maintained and readily accessible when needed
- Maintains records of discharge of or employee exposure to hazardous waste and/or pollutants, as required
- Develop and maintain KPIs for monitoring operational efficiency of manufacturing programs and for employees
- Hire, train and hold team members accountable to company health and safety standards
- Ensure compliance with OSHA and other relevant worker safety regulations in a manufacturing environment
- Ensure compliance with cGMP regulations, local and state governing bodies, OSHA and other relevant worker safety regulations in a manufacturing environment
- Performs other related duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree in Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety and Health, or related field required; Masters degree desirable.
- Five years of related experience preferred, including cannabis
- This role does include some travel
- Extensive knowledge of food safety, security and GMP guidelines
- Previous commercial cannabis growing experience preferred
- Enjoys working in a start-up, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently in a highly organized manner
- Must pass a drug and criminal background check
- Extensive knowledge of environmental regulations and policies.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in technology and equipment used in environmental inspections
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
We offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short, and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k).