Precision Planting is an innovative company that is changing the agriculture industry in remarkable ways. In only twenty years, we have helped redefine agriculture in the US and globally. Our products make growers more productive, increase yields, current agricultural practices more sustainable, and reduce the costs to feed a growing world. Precision Planting is growing rapidly and has many new products and business opportunities it is pursuing to continue that growth. We are entrepreneurial in our DNA, fast-paced in our actions, and value hard work, innovative thinking, open communications, and teamwork. If you share these values, then we might be the right place for you to contribute, grow and succeed in your career. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to serve as the Environmental, Health, and Safety Technician.
- Conduct new hire safety orientation and other safety training as needed.
- Recommend process and product safety features that will reduce employees' exposure to work hazards.
- Inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation and compliance.
- Report and review findings from accident investigations, facilities inspections, or environmental testing.
- Maintain compliance with regulatory agencies including OSHA, EPA, and DOT.
- Submit required reports to the regulatory agencies on a timely basis.
- Assist with implementation and maintenance of EHS Management Systems (Gensuite)
- Monitor and manage non-hazardous and hazardous waste disposal activities.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and monitoring of environmental, safety, and health training programs to ensure employee knowledge and understanding of safety and environmental regulations and requirements.
- Response to emergency situations involving employee injury and property damage incidents; prepares reports of findings and submits recommendations.
- Stays well-informed of industry trends and regulations, maintains certifications and seeks continuous avenues for growth and improvement.
- Ensure compliance with all state, federal and local governmental EHS regulations. This includes written programs, record keeping, reports, inspections, monitoring, testing, training and medical surveillance per guidelines.
- Perform internal audits to identify non-compliance, hazardous conditions and unsafe behaviors; audit scope includes processes, facilities and equipment;
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-3 years of practical experience in Environmental Safety & Health
- Excellent communication skills.
- Problem-solving / Decision-making skills
- Results / Detail-oriented, able to work with a sense of urgency.
- Regulatory knowledge in EPA, OSHA & DOT
- Ability to analyze data and complete regulatory permits and correspondence.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, climb stairs and work from elevated platforms and or ladder.
- The employee must understand and comply with AGCO Safety guidelines and housekeeping practices, training and wear appropriate PPE when necessary
Desired Certifications, not required.
- ASP Certification
AGCO is an equal opportunity employer.