Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist II
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Environmental Health and Safety Specialist II will assist with the implementation, execution and maintenance of the environmental, health and safety and process safety management systems at low to medium complex facility. In this role, you will serve as a subject matter authority for the application of safe, compliant operational practices and demonstrate compliance with company policy, work processes, programs and standards that comply with environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Support the EHS manager in facilitating the community and governmental interaction and the external reputation.
- Support contractor environmental, health and safety requirements during ongoing operations and maintenance.
- Partner with regional domain and country environmental, health and safety to support management of site impact assessments, operating permits and construction permits.
- Support suitable training content and delivery mode, in line with global and regional requirements, conduct gap assessment to identify training needs, adjust curriculum to reflect site specific needs and deliver training.
- Partner with key site or project leaders to integrate and operationalize environmental, health and safety programs and drive culture of safety, compliance and continuous improvement.
- Understand, localize and integrate company and legally required work processes, programs and controls into site level operating procedures, tools and work instructions to standardize front line processes and monitor, analyze and adjust for improved performance.
- Ensure strong alignment of goals, metrics and targets with plant vision and targets and govern site performance targets together with plant and site leadership team and consult on planning, issue and incident response and operational environment, health and safety and process safety compliance.
- Deliver environmental, health and safety activities, including emergency response plan, incident management, training implementation and contractor safety compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Basic business acumen and the ability to partner and communicate effectively with business counterparts
- Solid working knowledge of food safety industry practices and standards
- Strong scientific and mathematical knowledge
- Confirmed ability to deliver processes effectively to optimize business resources
The expected salary for this position is $90,000 - 110,000.. This position is eligible for a discretionary incentive award. The incentive award amount is dependent upon company performance and your personal performance.
Full-Time (30+ hours) positions are eligible for a benefit package including the following (subject to certain collective bargaining agreements for Union positions): Paid time off; paid holidays; medical, vision and dental coverage; flexible spending accounts; life insurance; disability insurance; retirement savings; employee and family assistance program (EAP)
Relocation assistance will be provided for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.