Environmental Health and Safety Specialist
Cresco Labs is seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist to join our growing team. The EHS Specialist will work under the direct supervision of the Director of Safety supporting the development and implementation of the company-wide safety programs. You will ensure all company operations comply with local, state, and federal health and safety regulations and standards. You will educate employees on best safety practices and advise employees on safety performance improvements.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Participates in the development and implementation of corporate-wide safety programs such as Hazardous Communication, Lockout/Tagout, Respiratory Protection, Fire Prevention and other OSHA safety compliance programs.
- Advises functional areas regarding safety protocols and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance with local, state, and federal agencies.
- Conducts routine and follow-up safety and hazard inspections of corporate facilities.
- Responds to emergency situations involving employee injury and property damage incidents; prepares reports of findings and submits recommendations.
- Leads and implements a learning culture through lessons learned from near miss reporting, safety observations, incident investigations and other learning forums.
- Develops cost effective approaches to achieve compliance with HSE issues.
- Assist project team members with all safety concerns from the field.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Facilitates safety committee meetings and other employee engagement initiatives
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, public health, engineering, construction, occupational safety and health, or related field
- 1-3 years previous experience in comprehensive workplace safety and compliance programs
- Solid knowledge of state and local statutes and ordinances on fire safety and prevention, respiratory protection, hazardous chemicals, building, electrical, noise pollution and the environment
- Preferred knowledge of 29 CFR 1910
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, OneDrive, Outlook, and Excel)
- Up-to-date on latest local and state regulation and guideline changes
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Must be extremely detail oriented
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Willing and able to work in a fast pace environment
- Maintain flexibility to travel to HQ and locations throughout the region as necessary
Cresco Labs is proud to offer eligible employees a robust offering of benefits including, major medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(K)-match program, FSA/HSA programs, LTD/STD options, life insurance and AD&D. We also offer eligible employees paid holidays and paid time off. Other rewards may include annual discretionary bonuses, stock options as well as participation in our employee discount program. Benefits eligibility for permanent positions may vary by full-time or part-time roles, location, or position.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.