Environmental Health and Safety Specialist
Grow with us as an Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist at our Memphis, TN plant. Working as a fundamental member of the manufacturing organization, you will be a key partner to Operations and Quality Food Safety personnel. Innovate with us as you inform and influence at all levels and functions to ensure that health and safety regulations are adhered to, and continuously improved upon.
HERE'S A TASTE OF WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Managing Tools for Success – Maintain plant environmental health and safety data management systems. You’ll use SAP to obtain quotes and place orders while serving as a backup to the manager for on-call situations. We’ve got the systems, we just need your world-class organization and management skills to enhance our approach!
- Driving Gr-r-reat Insights – Oversee regulatory documentation while serving as the lead for environmental compliance requirements. We’ll depend on you to assist in the completion of regulatory reports for EPA, OSHA, and other regulatory agencies. Show us your passion for precision!
- Focusing on Data – Track, report, and analyze safety and environmental performance metrics. You’ll gather information related to sustainability programs, monitoring key figures while also managing the maintenance of facility environmental health and safety action registers.
- Setting the Pace – Participate in plant environmental and safety committees and serve as the environmental training coordinator. You’ll develop and maintain training plans with vendors and department leads. Your dedication to people development and collaboration will assure your success.
YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
- High school diploma and previous experience in a manufacturing plant
- 2-3 years of experience in Environmental Compliance
- Advanced organizational and communication skills, with a proven ability to thrive with limited guidance
- Strong customer relations experience
- Familiarity with environmental and safety regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental or Chemical Engineering preferred