Environmental Health and Safety Senior Supervisor II
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Environmental Health and Safety Senior Supervisor II will provide subject matter expertise in environmental, health and safety compliance. In this role, you will develop, implement and maintain processes and programs built to assure compliance with existing federal, state and local regulations and requirements for a very complex operation with two or more highly hazardous processes, high serious injuries and fatality and serious environmental event potential.
- Execute controls and applicable control programs and document that control programs have been implemented as planned for very large and complex operation with high risk and exposure.
- Define, implement and lead processes for risks, hazards and opportunity identification and determine resources required to execute.
- Lead action plans by identifying potential emergency situations, creating emergency communication plans that addresses operation or business disruptions, recovery and social media and testing and validating the emergency action plans.
- Promote environmental, health and safety culture through training and education solutions related to environmental, health and safety issues, practices and risks and coach others as the need arises.
- Prepare and execute audits and ensure compliance with legal and other requirements are met.
- Conduct incident investigations based on incident classification and liaise with engineers, management and health and safety regulatory authorities to identify causes of accidents and prevent their recurrence.
- Identify and review hazard, risk and opportunities on an ongoing and proactive basis and ensure that appropriate follow up actions are being implemented.
- Lead and develop a team, coach and make decisions related to talent management, hiring, performance, and disciplinary actions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- In depth knowledge of legislation and business processes in environmental health and safety systems, ecology and environmental protection, industrial safety
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Five years of EHS supervisory experience
- OSHA 10 Certification
- OSHA 30 Certification
- Solid working knowledge of food safety industry practices and standards
- Confirmed ability to deliver processes effectively to optimize business resources
- Strong scientific and mathematical knowledge
- Relocation assistance will be provided for this position.
- This posting will expire on January 31, 2023.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.