Environmental Health and Safety Manager
The EHS Manager plays a critical role in ensuring the safety, health, and environmental compliance of our food and beverage manufacturing facility. This position involves developing, implementing, and overseeing safety, health, and environmental programs to maintain a safe and compliant workplace, protect our employees, and minimize environmental impact.
Safety and Health Programs:
- Develop, implement, and maintain safety and health programs in accordance with relevant laws and regulations, including OSHA and local health authorities.
- Conduct regular safety inspections, hazard assessments, and risk analyses.
- Develop and enforce safety policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Investigate accidents and incidents, and provide recommendations for preventive actions.
- Ensure compliance with environmental regulations, including waste management, emissions, and wastewater discharge.
- Monitor environmental performance, including air and water quality, and implement corrective actions as needed.
- Develop and maintain emergency response plans for environmental incidents.
Training and Education:
- Conduct employee training on safety, health, and environmental matters.
- Foster a culture of safety awareness and environmental responsibility among employees.
- Provide guidance on proper handling of hazardous materials and chemicals.
- Keep abreast of changes in safety, health, and environmental regulations and ensure the organization's compliance.
- Prepare and submit required reports to regulatory agencies.
- Develop and maintain emergency response plans for accidents, chemical spills, and other emergencies.
- Conduct regular drills and ensure employees are adequately trained for emergency situations.
- Lead investigations into safety and environmental incidents.
- Ensure proper documentation, reporting, and follow-up of incidents.
- Implement corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
Audits and Inspections:
- Coordinate and participate in internal and external safety, health, and environmental audits.
- Address findings and implement corrective actions promptly.
Vendor and Contractor Management:
- Evaluate and ensure the safety and environmental compliance of contractors and vendors.
- Develop and implement contractor safety programs and standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Science, or related field.
- Relevant certifications (e.g., CSP, CIH, CHMM) preferred.
- Previous experience in EHS management within the food and beverage manufacturing industry strongly preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of OSHA regulations and environmental laws.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Proficiency in safety and environmental management software/tools.
- Regular presence on the manufacturing floor and exposure to production environments.
- Potential for occasional off-hours and weekend work during emergencies or audits.
This job description is intended to convey the general nature and scope of the EHS Manager position. It is not an exhaustive list of duties or responsibilities and may be subject to modification to meet the needs of the organization.