Environmental, Health and Safety Manager
Georgia-Pacific is seeking an Environmental, Health and Safety Manager to provide leadership and presence at our Tolleson, AZ corrugated facility. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Manager provides leadership and strategic direction by building a partnership with front-line leadership and collaborating with business partners to develop and mentor the production team relating to environmental, health and safety.
With approximately 35 facilities across more than 20 states, Georgia-Pacific Corrugated is a recognized leader in innovative, customer-focused packaging solutions. The company maintains a commitment to safety, sustainability, and consistent quality in its manufacture of traditional corrugated and high-graphic packaging.
What You Will Do
- Provide transformational leadership, direction, and influence to achieve the EHS vision through management commitment and employee ownership
- Develop and align facility EHS programs and strategies according to the business/enterprise EHS plan
- Prepare environmental permits and EHS reports
- Foster an environment where employees understand and exercise their decision rights regarding EHS
- Lead the development of risk assessment methods/systems for anticipating, identifying, and evaluating hazards
- Increase critical hazard awareness thereby reducing the likelihood of at-risk behaviors
- Ensure an effective change management process is in place
- Partner with facility leadership to develop short and long-term EHS objectives, targets, strategies, and measures that prioritize and mitigate risks; create and maintain a safety committee for the site
- Ensure the development, improvement, and implementation of training systems to meet plant needs
- Conduct routine management reviews and adjusting plans as necessary
- Foster an EHS environment of collaboration and active participation with all employees, external stakeholders, and regulatory entities
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s Degree OR Four (4) or more years of Environmental, Health and Safety leadership experience in a manufacturing, industrial or military environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Environmental Management, Environmental Science, or Biological Science
- Experience with environmental permitting (i.e.: air and stormwater) and reporting
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Corrugated experience
- Experience in areas of Hazardous Energy Control, Mobile Equipment and Pedestrian Safety Management
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate's knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
All Koch companies value diversity of thought, perspectives, aptitudes, experiences, and backgrounds. We are Military Ready and Second Chance employers.
Who We Are
As a Koch company and a leading manufacturer of bath tissue, paper towels, paper-based packaging, cellulose, specialty fibers, building products and much more, Georgia-Pacific works to meet evolving needs of customers worldwide with quality products. In addition to the products we make, we operate one of the largest recycling businesses. Our more than 30,000 employees in over 150 locations are empowered to innovate every day –to make everyday products even better.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf