Environmental, Health and Safety Engineer
Who We Are:
Since 1906, New Balance has empowered people through sport and craftsmanship to create positive change in communities around the world. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We foster a culture in which every associate feels welcomed and respected, where leaders and creatives are inspired to shape the world of tomorrow by taking bold action today. At New Balance, We Got Now.
This position is responsible for maintaining New Balance’s Environmental, Health and Safety Programs to ensure associate safety, regulatory compliance, and industry best practices to support the operations at all assigned sites.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state & local environmental, health and safety regulations
- Conduct and/or validate accident investigations to determine root cause and proactive solutions
- Apply ergonomic principles to improve workstations & minimize injuries.
- Provide support in worker compensation and job coaching program. This includes first contact with associate and liaison of information between plant management and case management personnel
- Performs Industrial Hygiene sampling, i.e. air monitoring, ventilation measurements, and sound measurements
- Prepares and submits all environmental reports and plans, i.e. SPCC, TURA
- Obtain and maintain all necessary environmental permits, i.e. air and industrial discharge
- Oversees hazardous waste programs at each assigned site.
- Drive continuous improvement in EH&S programs to utilizing Lean methodologies and practices
- Coordinate and conduct associate EH&S training, lead site EH&S audits and maintain EH&S records
- Ensure resolution and effective closure of all regulatory findings within established time frames
- Work closely with Loss Prevention and Facility Management to identify & address EHS issues related to equipment/site design/ installation.
- Supports others in administration of the Material Safety Data and chemical inventory and purchasing system
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS:
- BS/MS in Environmental Studies, Industrial Safety and Hygiene, or other related fields.
- Strong background in industrial and R+D EH&S programs with a minimum of 8 years in the field
- Excellent technical skills and the ability to work both independently and collectively
- Good computer skills in Word, Excel, Project, and building management databases
- Training and certifications in OSHA, DOT, and RCR
- CSP (Certified Safety Professional) certification helpful
- Ability to speak Spanish desirable
Regular Associate Benefits:
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. New Balance offers a comprehensive traditional benefits package including three options for medical insurance as well as dental, vision, life insurance and 401K. We also proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks – opportunities like online learning and development courses, tuition reimbursement, $100 monthly student loan support and various mentorship programs – that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. You’ll also enjoy a yearly $1,000 lifestyle reimbursement, 4 weeks of vacations, 12 holidays and generous parental leave, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword – it’s part of our culture.
Temporary associate benefits will be communicated separately.
Flexible Work Schedule:
New Balance is committed to creating a culture that allows our associates to do their best work. Our corporate work-from-home policy does not mandate an arbitrary number of days in-office. Instead, we’ve designed a flexible hybrid model that empowers individual teams by letting the type of work dictate where it will most effectively be performed. We are capitalizing on this unique opportunity to evolve how we work based on efficiency, productivity, and the well-being of our associates.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.