Environmental Health and Safety Assistant
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Environmental, Health and Safety Assistant will provide support for environmental, health and safety compliance and will be responsible for administrative support. In this role, you will provide administrative assistance in the development, implementation and maintenance of processes and programs built to assure compliance with existing federal, state and local health and safety regulations and requirements at sites with environmentally regulated technologies or highly hazardous processes, medium to high risk of serious injuries and fatality.
- Conduct incident investigation based on incident classification and liaise with engineers, management and health and safety regulatory authorities and support in identifying causes of accidents and prevent their recurrence.
- Support the review of environmental health and safety programs, including assessing risks, conducting field checks, organizing and facilitating sessions and role modeling environmental health and safety behaviors.
- Support the management of action plans by assisting in identifying potential emergency situations, assist in creating emergency communication plans, support testing and validating the emergency action plans.
- Assist in updating environment health and safety program and process documentation in alignment with global programs, incorporating clearly defined instructions and edits provided by more senior team members.
- Provide assistance in system support activities to document issues, risks, training and action plans.
- Handle moderately complex clerical, administrative, technical or customer support issues under general supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
The expected salary for this position is $20.00 - $23.00.
Full-Time (30+ hours) positions are eligible for a benefit package including the following (subject to certain collective bargaining agreements for Union positions): Paid time off; paid holidays; medical, vision and dental coverage; flexible spending accounts; life insurance; disability insurance; retirement savings; employee and family assistance program (EAP)
- Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
- High school diploma, secondary education level OR equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Solid working knowledge of environment, health and safety practices
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.