Environmental Graphic Designer
Gensler is seeking an Environmental Graphic Designer, with a passion for helping our clients enhance their built spaces through environmental brand experiences. This position will focus on the ability to understand a client’s brand and translate it into physical space through a combination of graphics, signage and wayfinding, physical installations, and interior finishes while collaborating on interdisciplinary teams.
What You Will Do
- Design compelling and highly creative environmental brand experiences across diverse practice areas, including workplace, retail, and hospitality
- Research our clients’ brands and translate their stories into built environments
- Collaborate with Interior Designers and Architects for seamlessly integrated designs
- Reference construction documents for coordination and understanding of built environments
- Integrate brand experiences within both existing spaces and new construction
- Present design concepts to our clients
- Produce detailed design intent drawings and documentation for our partner fabricators to build from
- Oversee fabrication and installation processes
- BA, BFA or MA Degree from the following fields: Interior Design, Interior Architecture, Architecture, or Industrial Design with a strong ability and skillset of expressing brand storytelling spatially. Additionally, this requires a knowledge of Visual Communication, Advertising or Graphic Design in combination with the fields highlighted above
- 2-5 years of experience after graduation in a related field
- Strong understanding of communicating and conveying concepts, both verbally and visually, through 2D illustrations and 3D visual communication (environmental wall graphics, glass distraction markers, custom sculptures, interactive installations, etc.). Strategy interest considered bonus, but not required
- Comprehension of architectural scales, sections, plans and elevations
- Working knowledge of architectural and fabrication processes, vendor management, basic materiality, and design documentation
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator with CAD tools, Photoshop)
- Ability to work in 3D modeling programs such as SketchUp, Revit, or Adobe Dimension is a strong advantage, but not required
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Strong verbal and visual presentation skills; capability to communicate design concepts and process to fellow peers and/or clients
- Works well in an interdisciplinary, fast-paced environment with a team player attitude
To be considered for this opportunity, you must UPLOAD A SAMPLE DESIGN PORTFOLIO to the attachments sections of your application.
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions and hackathons, to “Well-being Week,” our offices reflect our teams’ diverse interests.
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership and twice annual bonus opportunities. Our annual base salary range has been established based on local markets.
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.