Environmental Fate Scientist
If you’re good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you’re the best at what you do, come work at Corteva Agriscience!
Corteva has an exciting opportunity in the Predictive Safety Center (PSC) within Regulatory Science for an Environmental Fate (eFate) Scientist. The candidate will be accountable for the conduct of environmental fate studies to support the development and registration of new active ingredients and agricultural products. In addition, the person will be responsible for the development and implementation of environmental fate predictive tools under the guidance of PSC subject matter experts (SMEs). This position is located in Indianapolis, IN.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us and it matters to you!
The successful candidate will serve as an eFate scientist in the screening and development of new crop protection products in the Discovery Phase; this includes:
- Work with other scientists in the laboratory to conduct lab procedures, data collection and troubleshooting associated with studies
- Plans, conducts, and reports environmental fate studies for new active compound screening and characterization in Discovery stages
- Collaborates with internal cross-functional teams and external partners to explore and implement new predictive approaches (e.g. in silico and in vitro studies)
- Promotes sharing of information and a team-oriented spirit of collaboration;
- Complies with laboratory safety procedures, Nuclear Regulatory Commission requirements for the use and handling of radioactive materials, and other study-specific regulatory requirements
- Effectively utilizes organizational networking to influence decision-making.
The successful candidate will also contribute to the external science community, including publications and presentations in science-related areas related to environmental fate, and leverage that influence to benefit the company by:
- Keeping current with developments in environmental fate area, and providing technical expertise and support to regulatory science, registration and business teams;
- Representing Corteva at professional meetings, training and workshops;
- Publishing and presenting scientific information at meetings and in peer-reviewed journals.
What expertise have you grown?
- B.S. or M.S. degree in chemistry, analytical chemistry, or related field with special emphasis in the disciplines of analytical or environmental chemistry
- Laboratory research experience in analytical chemistry using liquid chromatography
- Relevant working experience in analytical chemistry or environmental fate and metabolism serving the agrochemical industry is preferred
- Possesses a good understanding of trace analytical procedures in environmental matrices and separation science principles
- Demonstrated teamwork and leadership abilities to manage and coordinate multiple projects and chemistries
- Ability to present complex technical information in an appropriate manner depending on the audience; ability to distill complex data sets into a clear messages or presentations
- Effective project management skills and ability to meet deadlines for concurrent projects
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment – exchanging ideas with colleagues, sharing the workload, and interacting with supervisors
What Corteva Agriscience offers:
- Competitive health, vision, and dental insurance.
- Company bonus plan.
- 100% 401k company match.
- 4 weeks of paid time off to start.
- 9 paid holidays.
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to boldly embracing the power of inclusion, diversity, and equity to enrich the lives of our employees and strengthen the performance of our company, while advancing equity in agriculture. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. Discrimination, harassment and retaliation are inconsistent with our values and will not be tolerated. If you require a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit:
- Accessibility Page for Contact Information
- For US Applicants: See the ‘Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law’ poster
To all recruitment agencies: Corteva does not accept unsolicited third party resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.