Environmental Engineering Project Manager
As Senior Project Manager/Principal in the Franklin, Tennessee office of Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. (CEC), you will be responsible for helping to shape the continued growth of our Environmental Practice including recruiting new staff and building upon existing staff and expertise to expand our client base and service offerings. Daily duties will include managing client relationships and developing new business, managing projects, and providing senior direction on a variety of Environmental projects in the broad areas of air, water, and waste.
- BS in Geology, Environmental Science or Civil/Environmental Engineering, or equivalent suitable to the area of practice (MS a plus);
- Current Tennessee Licensure as a P.E., P.G., and/or QEP/C.I.H. Certification. (Licensure in adjacent states and Florida would be a plus.)
- 18+ years diverse environmental consulting experience including at least 5 in a supervisory role. Candidates will be evaluated based on the degree of local or regional experience developing, managing, and performing services such as:
- Regulatory Liaison
- Contaminated Site and Brownfield Investigations and Remediation
- RCRA Facility Investigations and Corrective Action
- Environmental compliance (spill response plans, water/waste permitting, compliance audits, multi-media compliance monitoring. etc.).
- Air/water/waste permitting,
- Developing, managing, and performing due diligence, regulatory compliance and environmental management system audits;
- Phase I/II environmental assessments for real estate development;
- Strong leadership, team building, and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated business development and client management experience;
- Familiarity and positive working relationships with local, state, and federal regulators such as TDEC, ADEM, MDEQ, GAEPD, and USEPA
- Ability to speak and write professionally, including experience with the preparation of regulatory submittals;
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects, budgeting and cost control;
- Demonstrated experience supervising technical and administrative staff;
- Health and Safety/OSHA compliance experience a plus.
Here’s What We’d Like to See:
- Experience successfully building and managing an environmental practice or demonstrated career advancement that would indicate you are ready to step into this role.
- A strong desire to help CEC grow its environmental practice service offerings, client base, and expertise in the southeast region.
- Membership and active participation in applicable trade groups and professional organizations
Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. (CEC) is consistently ranked as an Engineering News-Record Top 200 Design Firm, offering big firm opportunities with a small firm culture. Not only will we help you develop professionally, but we will also provide you with the opportunity to become an owner of the firm and share in our success. You will work on diverse projects while providing high quality service to our clients.
In addition to offering company stock at all levels, we provide a matching 401(k), profit sharing, a performance bonus for all employees, medical dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability and tuition assistance. Join our team where your contribution matters.
CEC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, color, religion, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law.