The Leidos Civil NISC IV program has an opening for a NEPA / EOSH Environmental Engineer to support the Federal Aviation Administration. The contractor must provide technical support to ensure a healthy and safe work environment through implementation and maintenance of the MMAC Environmental Occupational Safety & Health Management System (EOSHMS) in accordance with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
The candidate will provide support for the following programs: NEPA (Construction Project Planning and Document Review for Environmental Impacts), Construction Design Reviews, and Environmental Reviews. Specifically, the candidate will:
- Provide technical services that support the FAA environmental compliance program.
- Provide engineering expertise regarding environmental protection which includes: Knowledge of the theories, principles, practices, and techniques of environ mental engineering concerning facilities and systems for controlling pollution and protecting quality of resources and the environment.
- Federal and state environmental laws, legal due process system, rules and regulations concerning environmental compliance at Federal facilities, and environmental audit.
- Environmental impact statements and environmental assessment associated with acquisition or sale of real property.
- Environmental assessment for occupational health hazards, environmental impacts, and safety concerns related to acquisitions services support.
- Perform audit support for the EOSH Management System.
- Perform duties as assigned to support the AMP-100 Office of Facility Management Services Division.
- Assist with developing procedures, processes, standards, specifications, and systems to identify and achieve optimal control or reduction of hazards and exposures that may harm people, property, and/or the environment.
- Serve as part of a multidisciplinary team in analyzing field-level hazard-producing mechanisms.
- Research regulatory, scientific, and engineering written materials and provide training for MMAC campus organizations.
- Recognize, evaluate, and develop necessary controls for occupational health hazards, environmental impacts, and safety concerns.
- Initiate and provide written documentation to support the MMAC EMS and OSHMS.
- Provide professional opinions and training on matters affecting environmental stewardship and occupational safety and health.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience or 3 years of professional experience with a related master’s degree.
- Experience with environmental clean-up and NEPA support and oversight.
- Experience with fuel storage tank inspections. Experience with FAA programs desired.
Pay Range $52,650.00 - $81,000.00 - $109,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.