Today is the day to boost your career! PM Environmental is looking for a Project Engineer to join our engineering team, working out of any one of our Michigan offices – Berkley, Lansing, Grand Rapids, or Bay City.
Why PM Environmental?
We invite you to join our team of skilled environmental professionals who are instrumental in making environmental risk, remediation, and corrective actions projects happen. PM offers a fast-paced environment that challenges you while offering opportunity, training, and mentoring to help you grow in the company and as a professional. PM’s company culture encourages interaction by organizing happy hour events, employee trips and company outings such as BBQs, baseball games, Thanksgiving dinners and group charity participation. We value our team and strive to maintain a positive, supportive, flexible, and transparent workplace that is reflected in the high-quality service we provide our clients.
A Day in the life of a Project Engineer at PM Environmental:
- Focusing on leaking underground storage tank, remediation, and redevelopment projects primarily in Michigan
- Interaction, participation, and communication with internal teams as we track and achieve project objectives
- Development of work plans for remedial investigations, remedial options evaluation, pilot testing, remediation design, and implementation of remediation strategies, and technologies
- Development of vapor intrusion (VI) assessment work plans, pilot testing, design assistance
- Development of VI and LNAPL conceptual site models
- Report writing, data management and evaluation, project management and coordination
- Some site visits and field work (aquifer testing, pilot testing, remediation system, etc.)
- Some client, regulator, and stakeholder interaction
What you bring to the PM Environmental team:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in environmental engineering
- Three to five years of related environmental engineering experience
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification is preferred
- Knowledge of Michigan’s Part 213, Leaking Underground Storage Tanks, environmental regulations
- Soil and groundwater remediation experience
- Vapor Intrusion (VI) assessment and mitigation experience
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER 29 CFR 1910.120 certification with documented yearly refresher course is a plus
- Excellent communication, analytical, organization and time management skills
- Must be detail-oriented and a team player
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Ability to work in various settings and climates
- Ability to work flexible hours and be available for some travel Field experience (subcontractor and field oversight, aquifer testing, pilot testing, remediation system, etc.)
What’s in it for you:
Of course, we offer competitive salaries and great benefits, but what makes PM Environmental stand out from the crowd?
- Medical, dental and vision plan options.
- Basic Life Insurance, Accident & Critical Illness Insurance
- Flexible Schedules, Work Life Balance
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Paid time-off and holidays, Paid Sick Leave, Vacation
- Discounts on Products and Services
PM Environmental is an environmental risk expert focused on business-minded solutions. We have over 30 years of experience in consulting and managing a wide variety of environmental, engineering, industrial hygiene, energy, and development projects. We understand the science involved, the regulations that must be adhered to, and the need to provide you specific, relevant information, so you understand your options and can make solid business decisions.