Washington, District of Columbia, United States
What EH&S contributes to Cardinal Health
EH&S is responsible for designing, developing and implementing EH&S procedures, programs, processes, and systems to ensure compliance with regulatory and company requirements and to eliminate or minimize EH&S risks to the Company, its employees, the environment and the communities in which it does business.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge, understanding and application of environment, health and safety and workers' compensation laws and regulations and translates them into actionable processes, programs and practices.
- Drives the understanding and implementation of the Cardinal Health EH&S management system.
- Provides managerial support and subject matter expertise that ensures appropriate EH&S systems and resources are in place.
- Designs, develops and implements procedures, programs, processes and systems that ensure EH&S compliance, and enhance EH&S performance.
- Demonstrates depth and breadth of knowledge in the area of hazard recognition, evaluation and control.
- Drives execution of tactical and strategic initiatives in order to eliminate hazards and reduce or eliminate the associated risks.
- This position will be the Environmental SME for Enterprise.
- Establish strong collaborative working relationships with internal cross functional teams
- Effectively communicate updates to business partners regarding Environmental matters/Projects
- Review and give input regarding proposed Environmental Solutions
- Offer technical training to the EHS Professionals (Air, Water, Waste Regulations)
- Guide operations toward compliance with Environmental Regulations and Company Standards
- Lead efforts to continue implementation of the Total Waste Management
- Collaboration with business partners, external and internal clients in addition to being adept at managing multiple agencies
- Partners with audit team in the development and implementation of management system, programs, processes, communications, internal focus audit protocols and inspections
- Participate as a leader for Environmental issues in key industry organizations as assigned
- Reviews, updates, and/or develops and implements environmental policies and programs as required
- Investigates environmental incidents in conjunction with facilities personnel
- Give guidance in the management of contaminated site remediation, reviewing consultant reports, government submittals
- Monitors regulatory arena for new/changing regulations and rulemaking
- Support the Corporate Social Responsibility (ESG) efforts of the company
- Work to foster an atmosphere of openness and information sharing to encourage a culture of high awareness, transparency and diligence with respect to environmental matters
- Set standards for global construction projects (lease, expansion, acquisitions)
- Coordinate with external consultants Phase 1 and/or Phase 2 activities as needed
- Work with operations in the compliance with Sub-part P Regulation
- Bachelors and Advanced degree in related field, or equivalent work experience, preferred
- 12+ years experience in related field
- Professional certification preferred.
- Knowledge in the application and interpretation of environmental regulations
- Experience across different US regions and/or international preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Utilizes broad and deep knowledge to develop innovative new business practices, policies and procedures
- Contributes to the development of department strategy
- Works on or may lead highly complex projects of large scope
- Projects are typically cross-functional and have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which set precedent
- Negotiates complex or risky technical business issues on behalf of the company
- Independently defines project establishes budgets identifies participants and mitigates risk
- Consults with management to determine project objectives with long-term implications
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.