Rancho Cordova, CA
Diamond Bar, CA
Long Beach, CA
San Bernardino, CA
Tetra Tech is seeking a Mid-Level Environmental Compliance Consultant to join our high-performing team to continue providing top-of-the line client services. Tetra Tech provides engineering, environmental, and scientific advisory services across the US and Canada. As a recognized industry leader our clients seek our guidance, and we provide a service that ensures their success. We do this in an exciting and collaborative environment that combines our scientific knowledge and technical expertise to provide unique solutions.
This role requires a strong foundation in Environmental Consulting and Environmental Compliance. The selected candidates will be key members of a growing team and contribute to the tailored risk based environmental solutions for our diverse client base, specifically with various industrial and manufacturing operations. In this position, you will work directly with clients to conduct environmental audits, prepare various environmental plans, permits, and reports, review client environmental compliance obligations, as well as the opportunity to grow as an environmental consultant focused on multimedia compliance.
This position is available in multiple locations including but not limited to, Chicago, Atlanta, Austin, California, West Coast, or Remote from the Western region of the US. We are currently evaluating all applications and encourage candidates to apply regardless of how many qualifications are met as we are willing to train the right candidate.
- Work directly with clients in various manufacturing-related industries as a multi-media, compliance specialist.
- Conduct annual environmental audits on facilities throughout the Western region, with a focus on storm water discharge permitting (NPDES), hazardous waste management (RCRA), and oil pollution prevention (SPCC) regulatory compliance.
- Provide expertise on oil storage regulations (SPCC / APSA), hazardous waste, Tier II, and stormwater permitting.
- Assist on air permitting and regulatory air compliance projects, as needed.
- Assist on environmental compliance projects for clients in various industries when not conducting compliance audits.
- Conduct research and provide assistance to clients related to regulatory programs including but not limited to; Clean Water Act (NPDES), Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC), Clear Air Act, Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act (EPCRA 302-32, 311, 312, 313), and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (hazardous waste) compliance.
- Assist with compliance evaluations, report review, data entry, and client communication and trainings associated with the ComplianceMap system.
- Travel requirements will vary but is estimated to be 50% of the time on average.
- A 4-year technical degree, preferably in Environmental Science or Engineering is required.
- 3 – 4 years of environmental consulting experience.
- Qualified Industrial Storm Water Practitioner (QISP) Certification preferred.
- Familiarity with Form R/Toxic Release Inventory and California-specific environmental compliance regulations preferred.
- Strong communication, technical writing, and public speaking skills.
- Ability to read and interpret regulatory language.
- Comfortability and confidence working directly with clients and site representatives.
- Self-motivated, highly organized, comfortable scheduling and conducting extensive field work independently and reporting results.
- Ability to travel (approx. 50% travel required).
- A Pre-employment drug screening in compliance with state regulations is required.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a clean driving record without restrictions.
Target salary range: $75,000 to $90,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech offers the following optional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Long & Short-Term Disability, Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending. Financial Benefits: Group Term Life, Optional Group Term Life Insurance, Business Travel Accident Insurance, Health Savings Account, 401K, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Time Off with Pay, Employee Assistance Program, Adoption Assistance, Leaves of Absence.
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech’s core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor, and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.