Environmental Compliance Specialist
Arconic is currently in search of Environmental Compliance Specialist to join our EHS Team in Bloomsburg, PA.
At Arconic, we are looking for people who share our values of integrity, inclusion, and diversity, and who demonstrate agility, results commitment, and the capability to grow themselves and others. In return, we offer the opportunity to Grow Together with ongoing opportunities for professional growth provided by a constantly changing environment, working alongside employees who value the people they work with just as much as the work they do.
The Environmental Compliance Specialist will execute the daily functions of the environmental compliance plan for the Kawneer Company, Inc. (an Arconic company), in Bloomsburg, PA. They will be accountable for ensuring the environmental plan and activities reduce exposure, eliminate incidents, and are performed within external regulatory requirements and internal management guidelines.
- Maintain all records and documents as they pertain to the Environmental Management System;
- Perform site compliance sampling and submission to lab for analysis;
- Assess and monitor site compliance with all local, state, and federal environmental regulations. Works with plant personnel to insure compliance;
- Develop and conduct required environmental training;
- Prepare applicable regulatory / company deliverable reports;
- Facilitate environmental incident prevention and investigation processes and prepare reports to appropriate agencies;
- Direct the facility’s waste minimization program;
- Conduct site regulatory compliance audits;
- Monitor waste streams and waste products to ascertain ways to eliminate or minimize waste generation;
- Monitor wastewater treatment system to ensure permit compliance and direct water conservation activities;
- Interface with all levels of the organization and external agencies, vendors and contacts;
- Participate in all environmental incident investigations;
- Travel as necessary for training, best practice sharing, and to assist with EHS improvement activities;
- Actively pursue projects or process improvements that can reduce environmental impacts, reduce costs, and increase efficiencies of environmental functions;
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the EHS Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree Engineering, or Environmental Health & Safety from an accredited institution;
- Previous on the job (internship and / or full time employment) experience focusing on Environmental Health & Safety; Minimum of 1 year
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- 3-5 years’ Environmental Engineering experience within a manufacturing or industrial work environment;
- Previous experience with Arconic’s environmental policies / procedures, self-assessments or audit processes;
- Experience in preparing environmental permit applications;
- Experience with SWPPP and SPCC plans;
- Experience administering environmental compliance training.