Environmental Compliance Specialist
The Environmental Compliance Specialist will perform professional consulting work of considerable complexity and executes and assist in managing technical projects encompassing day-to-day compliance subject matter in Waste, Water, and Safety regulations as well as some Air Quality regulations. Support of our multimedia services such as Hazardous Waste/Materials Management, Storm Water and Wastewater compliance, On-Site compliance, EMS implementation, and auditing. This candidate will routinely analyze regulations, permits, and agency guidance documents required for support of our compliance services. The candidate will be expected to interpret technical issues, then communicate those findings to staff, clients, and at times regulatory agencies. Project management duties and the ability to self-manage as required are expected.
We are considering candidates for Project to Sr. Project Level grade positions, with qualifications to include:
- 7+ years of work experience as an Environmental professional with a focus on Waste, Water, Air, and Audits
- Experience or desire to work in multimedia and environmental services as a consultant with a focus on:
- Hazardous Waste and Materials Compliance such as SPCCs, HMBPs, CERS, and experience with Agency Reporting, and Industrial Storm Water and Wastewater Permitting and Compliance.
- Ability to mentor junior environmental professionals to execute various compliance project tasks.
- May be expected to serve with on-site Client Support.
- Experience with QISP Services, MSGP Permits, and Special Discharge Permits;
- Air Quality Compliance.
- Experience with or desire to work within the process, manufacturing, and/or other industrial facilities as a consultant.
- Prepare reports and submissions in a timely manner.
- Support Project Managers and Team Members in project work.
- Ability to manage multiple clients at any given time without losing focus on quality.
- Ability to perform environmental inspections for compliance with established policies to identify potential new hazards.
Who We Are
We are an environmental consulting company that offers cost-effective solutions to complex environmental and engineering challenges. We apply technical expertise and keen awareness of the regulatory framework to achieve our clients' project goals and objectives. The combined talent and experience of Terraphase's engineers, geologists, and scientists form the foundation for a comprehensive environmental management approach.
Terraphase was founded with the goal of developing a full-service engineering and consulting firm that provides high-quality services to clients with regional and nationwide operations. We are driven by creating valuable work products for our company and clients, and a rewarding environment for our employees. Our staff is comprised of registered professionals in civil engineering, geology, hydrogeology, and geotechnical engineering.
Our unique company culture philosophy of appreciating and recognizing individuals for their work, leadership, and mentoring, while supporting and encouraging a healthy personal and professional lifestyle help to make Terraphase one of the best places to work.
Terraphase offers an extensive benefits package including; Medical, Dental, Vision, Employer Paid Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, a generous 401(k) match, Commuter Benefits, TerraLunches, TerraTalks, Tuition/Licensing/Professional Development Reimbursement, Flexible Work Schedule, ongoing company-sponsored events.
Terraphase is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to an inclusive & diverse work environment where individual strengths and diverse viewpoints are respected and complement each other to achieve common goals. (EOE M/V/F/D)
Who You Are
- B.S. degree or higher in Engineering, Environmental Science, Chemistry, or another relevant technical degree
- The candidate will have at least 7 years of multi-media environmental regulatory compliance experience (e.g., CWA, RCRA, CAA, etc.) and its application (i.e., conducting multi-media compliance audits and providing corrective actions; developing environmental compliance plans, SOPs and programs; supporting permitting and associated obligations, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience working with California environmental regulations.
- Experience in performing Soil, Water, and Air Sampling
- Knowledge of laboratory methods and analytical procedures in support of environmental compliance programs
- Will be expected to support program management with environmental compliance programs for industrial clients at multiple locations in California and along the west coast, including managing multiple subcontractors/compliance support teams.
- Ability to support at times local, regional, and out-of-state travel up to approximately 1 week per month to conduct environmental compliance audits.
- Valid U.S Driver's license is required for this role.
- Experience in supporting project teams;
- Desire to learn or developing technical expertise in Multimedia compliance tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Preferred having some experience performing Due Diligence Services;
- Experience and willingness to grow at managing all aspects of the project from proposal through execution to close, including financial and contract management (i.e., developing proposals/cost estimates, managing clients, projects, and project teams; coordinating resources and managing subcontractors; etc.).
- Analysis, interpretation, and application of rules and regulations toward practical solutions.
- Capable of working independently in the field.
- Ability to think critically and develop solutions.
- Advanced computer applications, database management, and strong Microsoft 365, SharePoint, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access abilities.
- Field experience and ability to travel to client sites;
- QISP is highly preferred.
Compensation for this position is based on years of experience, technical expertise, technical education, and geographic location with a range of $80,000-$114,000.