Environmental and Climate Justice Analyst and Engagement Specialist
Eastern Research Group, Inc. (ERG) is a research and consulting firm that provides a wide range of support to federal, state, and commercial clients. ERG offers multidisciplinary teams with nationally recognized skills in engineering, science, economics, public health, informational technology, and communications. We hire people with the best minds and then provide them with a vibrant and flexible environment in which to develop their careers. The qualified individual must be highly motivated with the skills to prioritize, perform, and communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment.
ERG is seeking a candidate to join our Environmental and Climate Justice Solutions practice, which supports a wide range of environmental justice (EJ) and climate justice initiatives at the federal, state, and local levels. We work to address the disproportionate impacts of environmental degradation, including climate change impacts, on underinvested and overburdened communities.
Our clients include the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the National Park Service, the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry, state environmental and health agencies, and many others. We are committed to integrating sound science into policy and implementation efforts and promoting information sharing and collaborative problem-solving to address the nation’s EJ challenges. Geographic location is flexible, but the Boston, MA, and Washington, D.C., areas are preferable.
- Conduct technical, scientific, and/or policy research and analyses to advance equity. Research and analysis may include the use of multiple types of data, including demographic, environmental, health, and geospatial data
- Support outreach and engagement strategies, community meetings, and other meeting support, including facilitation and logistics
- Develop accessible and creative communication and outreach products
Qualifications and Skills:
- The ideal candidate will be adept at supporting a range of activities and tasks related to EJ issues across the company while being able to present complex technical information to a wide range of audiences
- A strong background in environmental and health science or policy is preferred
- A Master’s degree in Environmental Public Health, environmental policy, or a related field is preferred.
- Possess sufficient scientific background/education to form a basis for understanding environmental problems and data through a racial equity lens
- Have proficiency in Excel, GIS, and/or R/Python
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including cultural competency and the ability to engage effectively with diverse populations
$65,000 - $90,000 a year
ERG also offers excellent benefits, including health, life insurance, long-term disability, educational benefits, flexible spending accounts, a generous 401(k) profit sharing plan, an employee assistance program, paid vacation and holidays, sick leave, and more. The salary range for all positions depends on the years and type of experience.
ERG is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable EEOC and affirmative action regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. As such, successful candidates must be committed to working with diverse and inclusive teams.
Please be aware, the only authentic corporate domain for Eastern Research Group, Inc. (ERG) is https://www.erg.com. ERG may, on occasion, screen applicants via telephone or video interviews via Skype, Teams, GoToMeeting, or another type of video platform. However, any candidate extended a job offer might be asked to meet in person with an ERG employee before providing confidential personal information associated with new employment.
If you’re a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ERG’s online application process as a result of your disability. To request accommodation, please contact Human Resources via email at Resumes-Lex@erg.com or call (781) 674-7293.
As ERG is a friendly, flexible, inclusive environment and has clients who are committed to making the world a better place, ERGers are incredibly dedicated. We promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in the work we do, the partnerships we foster, and the culture we value both within and outside of our organization.