Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Eastern Research Group, Inc. (ERG) is a research and consulting firm that provides a wide range of support to federal, state, and commercial clients. ERG offers multidisciplinary teams with nationally recognized skills in engineering, science, economics, public health, informational technology, and communications.
We hire people with the best minds and then provide them with a vibrant and flexible environment in which to develop their careers. The qualified individual must be highly motivated with the skills to prioritize, perform, and communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment.
ERG seeks an environmental analyst to support a range of environmental analysis and data projects, primarily supporting the US Environmental Protection Agency. The analyst may also lead or manage projects; ERG will support the development of project management skills. Our practice supports a wide variety of projects for a variety of clients.
Recent and ongoing projects on our team include reports on national and international releases of toxic pollutants, quantitative analyses supporting the development of environmental regulations, and research for and development of a data exploration tool for per- and poly-fluoroalkyl substances (PFAS).The job location is flexible, with a preference for the ability to, on occasion, be in our offices in the greater Boston or Washington, D.C. areas.
- Research various scientific and technical topics
- Accessing environmental databases
- Analyzing and presenting data on specific environmental issues, industries, facilities, and geographic regions
- Characterizing trends; generating tables, charts, and other visualizations
- Writing to present analyses and convey results to diverse audiences
- Communication with clients
- Managing project budgets and schedules
- Learning about and working on a range of environmental topics as an active part of a multi-disciplinary team
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience developing written and other products for technical and non-technical audiences
- Knowledge of emerging environmental issues, environmental justice, and U.S. and state environmental regulations
- Programming in statistical software packages (e.g., R)
- Coursework or experience in environmental science, biology, and/or toxicology
- Advanced coursework or experience in chemistry or chemical engineering
- Experience in project management (1-5 years)
$63,000 - $75,000 a year
ERG also offers excellent benefits, including health, life insurance, long-term disability, educational benefits, flexible spending accounts, a generous 401(k) profit sharing plan, an employee assistance program, paid vacation and holidays, sick leave, and more. The salary range for all positions depends on the years and type of experience.
ERG is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable EEOC and affirmative action regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. As such, successful candidates must be committed to working with diverse and inclusive teams.
Please be aware, the only authentic corporate domain for Eastern Research Group, Inc. (ERG) is https://www.erg.com. ERG may, on occasion, screen applicants via telephone or video interviews via Skype, Teams, GoToMeeting, or another type of video platform. However, any candidate extended a job offer might be asked to meet in person with an ERG employee before providing confidential personal information associated with new employment.
If you’re a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ERG’s online application process as a result of your disability. To request accommodation, please contact Human Resources via email at Resumes-Lex@erg.com or call (781) 674-7293.
As ERG is a friendly, flexible, inclusive environment and has clients who are committed to making the world a better place, ERGers are incredibly dedicated. We promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in the work we do, the partnerships we foster, and the culture we value both within and outside of our organization.