Environment Systems Data Scientist
We need an Environment Systems Data Scientist to collaborate with visionary crop scientists, agronomists, plant breeders, crop protection scientists, engineers, and software developers to build digitally enabled science and business capabilities.
Are you looking for an opportunity to use your data science skillset to contribute to our team and help us on our mission!?
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Drive science focused solutions that enhance the value and efficiency of our product development and utilization for researchers, collaborators, and customers.
- Dig into GxExM problems that need data driven solutions
- Apply machine learning, statistical, mechanistic models, and other computational approaches to extract insights from datasets in complex agronomic systems.
- Identify, acquire, and engineer environmental feature data sets and pipelines that inform seed and crop protection decision models.
- Develop, prototype, and implement solutions with engineering and production teams.
- Conduct and communicate results of research to improve business decisions, add value to products, extend or improve in-house models and algorithms, and contribute to the advancement of these ideas into the marketplace.
- Uphold Corteva Agriscience™ Core Values at all times.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- The desire to help business and R&D partners to climb the data maturity curve.
- Demonstrated experience using machine learning, data mining, statistical methodology, and simulation modeling in geospatial, environmental, and agronomic problems using python.
- Excellence with HPC or cloud compute frameworks in Linux environments.
Outstanding problem-solving skills and a proven ability to:
- ask the right questions
- find or apply the correct domain knowledge
- identify and improve necessary data sources
- build predictive models
- deliver analytic solutions that produce actionable results.
- Strong skills in building visualizations of scientific data.
- Willingness and ability to work in a collaborative team setting.
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written.
- A PhD and demonstrated experience with quantitative applications in Agronomy/Plant Sciences, Entomology, Phytopathology, Ecology, Geography, Climatology, or related fields. Or conversely, you have a PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or Statistics with demonstrated Data Science applications in Agronomic or Natural sciences.
What will generate excitement:
- Use of Bayesian methods for agronomic and environment problems.
- Strong understanding of agroecological systems and production agriculture.
- Skill in modeling environment driven risk to plant health due to weather/climate, diseases, pests, or weeds.
At Corteva Agriscience™, we seek to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume. This means we will help rejuvenate the agricultural ecosystem to support people and the planet and to ensure progress for generations to come.
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better worklife balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!