Environment Health & Safety Manager
Based out of Auxly Leamington, we are currently looking for an Environment Health & Safety Manager to join our team.? The ideal candidate is a Safety Leader who aspires to work in the growing cannabis field with an award-winning team! The successful candidate will be responsible for our H & S framework across our Business Units, ensuring compliance and best practice throughout the organization.
- Facilitate the creation of various Health and Safety frameworks, and be responsible for injury case management, coordination with the Ministry of Labour, Insurance Representatives, vendors, and other applicable stakeholders.
- Responsible for maintaining and promoting all tenets of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) measures throughout Auxly, our Business Units and partner sites to ensure all employees acknowledge and adhere to safety programs.
- Inspect, investigate, review and assess affiliate sites, equipment, operational facilities, accidental losses and procedures to ensure compliance with legal requirements and current safety programs.
- Ensure compliance with legislative requirements of the Ministry of Labour, OHSA, WSIB/WCB and other provincial legal and regulatory bodies.
- Drive continuous efficiencies and improvement of safety programs, including policy and procedure creation and maintenance.
- Manage incident investigations to determine cause, ensure corrective action has been implemented, and case closure is obtained.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of trends and current practices in Health and Safety to dissect data and reconfigure/re-plan approach to course correct to achieve zero safety incidents.
- Ensure training and coaching are taking place to drive a safety-perfect culture and to ensure safety and environmental standards and awareness are well understood throughout the plant organization.
- Direct JHSC meetings with employees to administer Health and Safety management programs and receive workers’ concerns and recommendations.
- Establish, maintain and present Health and Safety metrics information. This includes providing management with reports on workplace safety insurance incidents and injuries, lost time, and other work-related absenteeism.
- Other related tasks as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or a closely related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of direct experience in Occupational Health and Safety, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP), or other
- applicable qualification/designation is an asset.
- Experience with Health and Safety Management systems and deployment of Health and Safety programs to a complex organization, with multiple business operations at multiple sites.
- A high degree of personal ethics, integrity, and responsibility with an ability to deal with sensitive issues.
- Must be willing to travel to various locations throughout the year, travel 20-30% of the year.