Environment, Health & Safety Deputy Director
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is currently seeking an Everett Environment, Health & Safety Deputy Director to join the team in Everett, WA.
This is an outstanding time to be part of Boeing and the Everett Site! With impact across all major airplane programs, the Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) Deputy Director is one of the key leaders at the Everett Site – both in ensuring the safety of our teammates and the environment today, as well as helping define and implement the future of the site for tomorrow!
Boeing EHS is looking for a highly energized EHS Deputy Director with experience working in or with EHS and experience in lean manufacturing, management systems and production integration. This position will lead activities across the Everett site in all subject areas of environmental, occupational, health and safety. The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, shown ability to work cross-functionally, bias for action and willingness to engage at all levels. The role requires good relationships and partnerships with customers, collaborators, peers, partners and direct reports.
- Leads and integrates employee and first-level manager activities across more than one environmental, occupational, health and safety subject area
- Activities handled include the planning and implementation of environmental, occupational, health and safety programs/processes, environmental property assessment and remediation, chemical analysis, evaluation of chemical processing activities and/or related support functions
- Develops and implements coordinated interpersonal plans, policies and procedures and guides the development of business and technical strategies, goals, objectives
- Acquires resources for interpersonal activities, provides technical management of suppliers and leads process improvements
- Develops and handles relationships and partnerships with customers, collaborators, peers, partners and direct reports
- Provides oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes
- Leads, develops and motivates employees and mid-level managers
This position is hybrid. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite in Everett, WA. This is at the hiring team’s discretion and could potentially change in the future.
This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 10+ years of experience in leading informal and/or formal teams
- 10+ years of experience in functioning in a cross-functional environment
- 5+ years of experience in Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS)
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 5+ years of experience performing Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene or Environmental Management duties in an industrial environment
- Experience developing employees and building organizational talent
- Associate Safety Professional or Certified Safety Professional certification from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position will be for first shift.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: $164,050 - $221,950
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award