Environment and Industrial Hygiene Manager
Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
The Industrial Hygiene & Environmental Manager Assists management and provides support of Industrial Hygiene processes, as well as, Environmental, Health and Sustainability activities and programs to ensure achievement and maintenance of regulatory compliance
Major Functions and Scope
- Assesses and determines the potential risk for human health exposures (as defined by OSHA and/or NIOSH) in all Dal-Tile facilities.
- Conducts and directs Industrial Hygiene Surveys (workplace monitoring) in accordance with established NIOSH Methods with specific emphasis on silica dust and noise exposures. Trains personnel at Dal-Tile manufacturing facilities how to perform workplace monitoring.
- Evaluates and measures the hazardous chemical concentration in the workplaces of Dal-Tile facilities and works with those affected facilities to ensure compliance with regulated exposure levels is verified through engineering and other control methods.
- Develops and implements Silica and Noise Control Plans at Dal-Tile manufacturing plants and receives and reviews monthly submission of the Control Plans prepared and submitted by Plant personnel.
- Creates, updates and distributes Safety Data Sheets (SDSs) as required by regulations and/or requested by customers.
- Coordinates with Dal-Tile facilities and Product Teams to evaluate new materials/products for risk liability through established analytical data tracking process.
- Conducts and analyzes comprehensive Environmental, Health and Sustainability assessments at Dal-Tile facilities. Provides management assistance with correction/completion of audit action items.
- Oversees the IH portion of SMS Assessments as it pertains to the Health regulations, programs & policies: Hazard Communication, Respiratory Protection, Noise/Hearing Conservation, Heat Exposure, Ergonomic, Industrial Hygiene, Radiation, etc.
- Provides guidance to operating facilities regarding Industrial Hygiene and Environmental compliance questions, activities and issues.
- Ensure New Management Members at the facilities are aware of the expected needs of the programs and mentor them to their full potential.
- Mentor/Educate/Demonstrate/Guide/Enable the EH/S Department Staff to ensure consistency and efficiency within the EH/S department.
- Develops responses to Internal/External Customers requests for information on the potential for hazardous constituents in Dal-Tile products, e.g. ACM, & Lead.
- Assists Transportation to ensure accuracy and completeness of the TSCA Certification process and Chemical Data Reporting Requirement.
- Conducts or directs Asbestos (ACM) Surveys and assists with development and implementation of Asbestos Programs.
- Supports, prepares or supervises preparation and submission of required state and federal reports including SARA TRI reports, SARA Tier 2 reports and Waste Summaries.
- Assists facilities concerning management of the collection, classification, disposal, storage, transportation and shipping of hazardous and non-hazardous waste.
- Performs other duties as required and/or directed by the Director - EH/S and Dal-Tile Senior Management.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Scientific field (preferably in Industrial Hygiene or Environmental Health Science) or equivalent training, which will provide a working knowledge of industrial health/hygiene issues. A working knowledge of EPA, OSHA and DOT and some local/state regulations is also required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience at a Corporate Level Industrial Hygienist with proven implementation experience. Years of previous relevant experience at a manufacturing location(s) will be considered
- Ability to prepare, interpret, and manage technical data for accurate results.
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and knowledge to appropriate levels of the organization, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to apply results effectively.
- Exercises independent judgment and initiative.
- Ability to multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel are mandatory.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and Access is a strong plus.
- Bilingual in Spanish a strong plus
- Travel is required, including international to Mexico
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth. Examples include: Company Match on 401k, Employee Purchase Discount, and Tuition Reimbursement.
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.