Entertainment Social Media Intern
We are looking for a passionate, motivated Intern to join the team! Minute Media’s Internship Program is intended to provide current college students with real work experience in their preferred area of interest within the digital media space.
The Social Media Intern will be tasked with creating their own shareable content and distributing it to various Facebook pages that we own and manage, which reach millions of users per month. Throughout the duration of the internship, the Intern will focus on the following activities that will help them gain knowledge of the entertainment marketing industry: social creatives, social reports, and one-on-ones with key members of our team. We want the Intern to point to these activities as a means to their pride in what they completed as interns with our company with specific deliverable metrics that establish the success of their efforts.
By the end of the program, Interns should have a solid understanding of the digital media landscape, specifically related to social media. Additionally, Interns will have gained a network of industry professionals to aid in their career journey.
**We are excited to bring on an additional class of interns to the internship program, which is designed to give young professionals an educational experience in the industry! This is an unpaid internship that will last 3 months with the starting date being in a month or so and an expectation to work three (3) 8-hour shifts per week.
What You'll Do
- Develop your social media management skills by independently running a highly-engaged social media page
- Work alongside our social media team remotely and receive regular feedback and guidance
- Learn about different areas of the digital media landscape, such as social, editorial, SEO, & video production
What You Have
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program during the semester of the internship
- Availability to work (3) 8-hour shifts per week for a total of three months with the starting date being in a month or so
- Passion for TV shows/Movies such as Star Wars, Marvel Movies, and Netflix originals
- Good writing skills and proper use of grammar
- Familiarity with blogging and social media platforms
- Photoshop and photo editing skills are not required, but are a definite plus!
What You’ll Get
- Networking & career development opportunities
- Opportunity to learn from established industry professionals in digital media
- We highly value team collaboration, empathy and respect towards one another and see this as a key component to delivering the best results
- We hire 100% remote talent across the nation with the ability to work from our NYC office if desired
- College credit offered
- Free swag!
Minute Media is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Not sure that you're 100% qualified but are up for the challenge? We want you to apply!