Enterprise Credit Risk Manager
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We serve everyone from one-person startups to large, Fortune 100 enterprises with a powerful, trust-driven platform that enables companies and talent to work together in new ways that unlock their potential.
Last year, more than $3.8 billion of work was done through Upwork by skilled professionals who are gaining more control by finding work they are passionate about and innovating their careers.
Upwork is looking for an Enterprise Credit Risk Manager who will report to the Director of Enterprise Billing. This position will be responsible for managing credit risk and exposure for our dynamic and growing Enterprise client base. A successful candidate will have experience in establishing and building credit policies and enforcing them with business partners.
We are looking for a candidate with a strong passion for building policy and creating credit determinations consistently while partnering with the business to enable growth. A successful candidate will have excellent attention to detail and be a highly motivated team player.
- Responsible for development and execution of reporting and analytical needs for Credit Risk Management while improving on existing Company credit policy
- Develop policies, procedures and processes with internal Order to Cash support teams then implementing and enforcing them
- Research and evaluate client’s creditworthiness and establishing client credit limits within credit guidelines
- Responsible for documenting credit limits and continued monitoring of existing client base with proactive insights of credit exposure
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of all systems used in the Enterprise revenue cycle
- Identify recommendations for processes, products, and best practices while working with cross-functional partners to implement your suggestions
- Interpret, manage and maintain new Enterprise contracts, amendments and extensions for order entry in company's invoicing system with support from Billing Manager
- Ensure customer records and contracts are maintained with accuracy and integrity for audit purposes
- Ability to stay updated and in tune with industry best practices and emerging trends in macroeconomic landscape that impacts credit risk management and implementing contingency plans
- Ensure credit checks are maintained and reviewed in accordance with the Company credit policy
- Assist in managing and being point of contact for existing credit vendors
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 5+ years of business to business experience in Order to Cash and accounts receivable functions
- 5+ years of implementing and leading projects
- 5+ years experience managing and leading in a dynamic high growth environment
- Practical knowledge of GAAP accounting principles, practices, and procedures
- Able to work independently and make independent decisions
- Intermediate MS Excel and Google Sheet skills including pivot tables, V-Lookups, keyboard shortcuts, etc.
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience pulling and reading credit reports
- The ability to score financials to access risk
- The ability to read and understand legal contract language
- Strong organizational ability and communications skills
- The ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Must be a self-starting individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree required, in Accounting or Finance Preferred
- Oracle knowledge a plus
- NACM certificate a plus
The annual base salary for this position in California and Washington ranges from $82,000 - $110,000. The range displayed reflects the minimum and maximum salary for this position in California and Washington, and individual base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location. Additionally, this position is eligible for the annual bonus plan or sales incentive plan and eligibility to participate in our long term equity incentive program.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 19 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
At the core of our vibrant culture are shared values that form the foundation of our organization. These values revolve around trust, risk-taking, customer focus, and excellence. Our overarching mission is to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster an environment where individuals are encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work, nurturing personal and professional growth through development opportunities, mentorship programs, and participation in Upwork Belonging Communities.
We take pride in providing exceptional benefits to our employees. These include comprehensive medical insurance coverage for both you and your family, unlimited paid time off, a 401(k) plan with matching contributions, 12 weeks of paid parental leave, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. To explore these benefits in detail, as well as gain insights into our company values, working principles, and the overall employee experience, we invite you to visit our Life at Upwork page.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
To learn more about how Upwork processes and protects your personal information as part of the application process, please review our Global Job Applicant Privacy Notice