Enterprise Application Administrator
SEGA. . . What do you think of when you hear that word? Do you think of the console with the iconic, harmonized voice fire ups or do you think of the countless gaming hits from Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, or the Persona series? . . .
When we think of SEGA, we think of its evolution as a pioneer in the video game market to one of the most prominent video game developers and publishers ever! Globally, SEGA has over 5,000 employees passionately working to bring the best gaming entertainment to players around the planet. We have one of, if not the richest, portfolio of original IPs something we are very proud of and excited about as the market continues to change.
New streaming technologies and shifts in the retail landscape are well poised for what will be the most disruptive and innovative time in our industry. Our IP strategy positions us well for this, and we are enthusiastic about the future!
There's never been a more exciting time in the company's history to join SEGA!
SEGA of America, Inc. a rapidly expanding video games publisher and developer within the western market, and is the US arm of SEGA Sammy, a world leader in the provision of interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home. SEGA develops, publishes and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms such as Xbox, PlayStation platforms, Nintendo platforms, PC and wireless devices.
As a key member of the Sega of America Technology Services Team, Enterprise Applications Administrator is reliable, detail-oriented and enthusiastic about keeping our enterprise applications running smoothly. Manage application deployment projects, focusing on the successful roll-out of applications that improve productivity, efficiency and otherwise provide tools that enable the organization. Our work environment appeals to conscientious team players that have great interpersonal skills, a drive to continually learn, and an appreciation for games and tinkering enough to pull the future closer. In general, the role will require work in the office two days per week, subject to change, and otherwise working remotely from home.
As a key member of the Sega of America Technology Services Team, the Enterprise Applications Administrator is reliable, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic about keeping our enterprise applications running smoothly. Manage application deployment projects, focusing on the successful roll-out of applications that improve productivity, efficiency and otherwise provide tools that enable the organization. We currently have a wide range of manual processes and applications that are not integrated. A key focus of this role will be evaluating these inefficiencies and working to integrate applications to streamline those processes and improve productivity, particularly as they relate to ERP to minimize dual input, export/import operations and the dependency on off-balance sheet (i.e. spreadsheets) operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Enterprise Application Administrator is a member of a customer service-focused Technology Services organization and will effectively administer a group of enterprise applications for Sega of America.
The Enterprise Applications Administrator provides 2nd level of technical support troubleshooting and problem-solving for applications and acts as a conduit to escalation and higher level or 3rd party support. The Enterprise Applications Administrator should have a strong understanding of the roles, processes and job functions of Sega of America which they are supporting. Gaining a deep understanding of current processes will be essential for success in this role as we are looking to leverage efficiencies wherever we can, including using API’s, application integration and custom applications.
Customer service is the top priority with responsibilities that include the administration of the following enterprise applications:
Key Application Support:
- Microsoft Dynamics GP Including GP Integrations with PowerBI, EDI and other apps
- Management Reporter
- TrueCommerce EDI
- SQL Server Databases & Reporting Support
- BI Tools (PowerBI, Tableau, etc.)
- Kissflow (Payment Approval Workflow)
- SutiExpense (Expense Report Workflow)
- MemoQ (Translation)
- Approved Cloud Apps (IronClad, Jira/Confluence, etc.)
In addition, Sega of America’s Enterprise Applications Administrator will be responsible for:
- Serving as Project Lead for Application Selection, Deployment, Migration and Integration
- Evaluating manual processes and workflows and bringing forward solutions to automate and streamline processes.
- Maintaining support and software architecture documentation for assigned systems.
- Troubleshooting application errors through to resolution.
- Application configuration (e.g. metadata models, taxonomies, etc.).
- User administration and application role configuration.
- Evaluating, planning, and deploying application upgrades, patches and updates.
- Developing and maintaining a change management process for all changes considered and implemented on key enterprise applications.
- Monitoring application performance and conducting performance optimization.
- Monitoring and enforcing adherence to application security policies.
- Working closely with external DBAs to oversee maintenance routines.
- Ensure proper backup coverage and monitoring of backup quality.
- Creation of scripts and batch files to automate processes.
- Maintaining software license inventory and related maintenance contracts.
- Implementing and overseeing the usage of a version control system.
- Monitoring logs and managing log rotation.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience administering enterprise-class applications.
- Customer service oriented.
- Strong interest and desire to keep up with the latest trends and solutions.
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server and IIS.
- Ability to troubleshoot enterprise application issues by conducting emergency application support followed by root cause analysis.
- Experience monitoring log files and interpreting them to diagnosis application errors.
- Familiarity with access control lists, roles and administering permissions.
- Problem-solving and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Experience migrating from one ERP platform to another.
- Experience with an ERP system implementation.
- Strong understanding of accounting.
- Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Dynamics GP and/or Dynamics 365 (Business Central)
- Experience as a SQL DBA a huge plus.