We are seeking an Engineering Technician at our Santa Clara, CA Location.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Assists project engineers in application of principles, methods, and techniques of geotechnical engineering technology. Studies and analyzes surface and subsurface soils to determine characteristics for construction by performing the following duties:
- Reviews project specifications and confers with project engineers and construction managers concerning assistance required, such as plan preparation, acceptance testing, evaluation of field conditions, design changes, and reports.
- Conducts materials testing and analysis.
- Prepares reports detailing tests conducted and results.
- Identifies and reports occurrences of construction work that does not meet the specific requirements of the contractor and/or the company recommendations to the extent authorized by the company policy.
- Communicates with the project engineers and Construction Services supervisors on a regular basis, reporting the progress of work and the status of each phase of the project.
- Regularly visits construction sites to determine conformance of site to company design specifications.
- Runs laboratory tests as needed to supplement field observation and testing.
- Picks up samples as needed for laboratory work and transports to appropriate lab.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- One year related experience working with a moisture/density gauge
- Successful completion of Nuclear Gauge Operator Training Program.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word software
- High School Diploma or GED required. College degree preferred
- Current clean driver’s license required.
TRC is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match.