At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
As part of our Manufacturing team, you’ll help build the world-class, state-of-the-art smart vehicles the world expects from us. Within our plants around the world, we’re constantly developing new technologies and processes to further increase our efficiency. That means we’re continually seeking diligent, determined performers who think outside the box to help us find better and more efficient ways to manufacture our vehicles.
What you’ll be able to do:
- Drive development and/or installation of direct and indirect labor standards and methods. Track labor, efficient manpower utilization and line balancing
- Conduct Ergonomic Job evaluations and implement workstation designs that meet safety and ergonomic requirements
- Analyze problem process constraints and conduct equipment cycle time analysis
- Recommend most efficient distribution of manpower and review daily employee manpower, analyze plant methods and standards
- Prepare or direct the preparation of cost estimates of new or revised methods and standards
- Review proposed changes in plant layout, processes, material handling, routing, etc.
- Analyze production and non-production operations to determine those requiring study and develop new or improved methods and standards
- Conduct time and motion/MODAPTS studies and review employee proposals and suggestions
- Develop cycle line layouts for current and future models using ACAD. Lead job methodization and process allocations
- Coordinate engineering changes and planning. Conduct value stream mapping and process audits
- Develop cost saving project proposals and write projects as required
- Interface with Production Supervision and the UAW to settle job disputes
- Assist production in planning labor allocations for mix and line speed changes
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- 2 or more years’ experience in Industrial Engineering in a manufacturing environment
Our preferred requirements
- Bachelor’s in Engineering (Industrial Engineering preferred)
- 5 or more years’ experience in Industrial Engineering in a manufacturing environment
- MODAPTS Certification
- GSPAS/APT knowledge
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office – MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (Intermediate Level)
- AutoCad Experience
- Ability to analyze and resolve issues quickly through route cause analysis and drive change back to the production departments. Must have the necessary skill set to have job placement flexibility and the expectation to rotate to various positions within the plant such as Production or Quality
- Demonstrated customer service skills with a demonstrated tenure upholding plant processes through strict adherence to the Quality Operating System. Must demonstrate the ability to execute to achieve results, while organizing and managing multiple priorities
- Proven willingness to take a participatory approach to union relations and be a team player
- Experience acting as a strong and confident technical mentor to the production organization (both hourly and salary)
- Proven written and verbal communications skills
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.