Engineering Project Manager
This position reports to the Senior Director of Operations. The Sr Project Manager is responsible for project management of large-scale projects including new process/equipment implementation, identifying and leading continuous improvement initiatives, and technical troubleshooting of existing equipment across Motif’s oil production and refinement operations.
Motif Labs is a licensed cannabis extraction facility located in SW Ontario. Motif has 3 top-selling internal brands BoxHot, Floresense and Debunk. As well as operating a business-to-business enterprise, offering toll processing and contract manufacturing serviced to Licensed Producers (LP’s) and 3rd Party Brands. Motif is experiencing significant growth and we are seeking dynamic and professional individuals to join our team. Motif prides itself on Integrity, Collaboration
- For each new project objective, assess all options and propose the recommended project scope, including quantification of project returns, costs, execution timeline, etc.
- Track project costs and schedule against the plan holding all contributors accountable for their deliverables.
- Lead the commissioning of new technology, incl. hydrocarbon extraction and post-processing, ethanol extraction launch, etc.
- Validate and improve equipment performance through design of experiments, conducting trial runs, data analysis, etc.
- Technical consultation with vendors, 3rd party engineers, consultants and internal stakeholders to ensure compliance with all safety, quality, regulatory and operational requirements.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement within operations.
- Providing engineering support to Operations Management for troubleshooting existing processes and to the Innovation Department for R&D.
- Present all projects to stakeholders to allow for efficient review and approval.
- Transfer technical knowledge to production staff; develop and contribute to SOPs and train employees, as required.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required
- Project management (PMP) designation is an asset
- 5+ years experience in project management and process optimization required
- 10+ years experience working in a production/manufacturing, laboratory, or pharmaceutical industry is required
- Experience within Cannabis industry is an asset
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Well organized and able to prioritize tasks
- Shows initiative and ownership of work and willingness to learn
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Required to pass a criminal background check
NOTE: All candidates are required to pass a criminal background check and provide a copy for employment at Motif. We thank all interested candidates. Only those whom we have selected for an interview will be contacted.
WORKING CONDITIONS (ON SITE):
This role is performed on site at our production facility in Aylmer, Ontario and Motif provides all required PPE and has continued manufacturing safety protocols: a well-fitted mask must be worn at all times while inside our production areas and staff are to remain 2M+ apart unless otherwise communicated.
HOW TO APPLY:
YOU MUST submit your resume and cover letter to Motif Labs careers page at: www.motiflabs.ca to be considered.
Don’t meet every single requirement?
At Motif we are a diverse and inclusive workplace and dedicated to maintaining this culture, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or any of our other roles.