With over 300M monthly reach, Firework is the largest B2B2C video and livestream platform in the world. We are aggressively expanding our team in Silicon Valley as well as other locations globally. In Engineering, we are always looking for world-class engineers who have fun solving BIG challenges while empowering hundreds of major brands and publishers and serving hundreds of millions of users globally.
As an Engineering Manager, Creation Studio & Ads you will play a pivotal role in leading and building innovative products for our enterprise customers and consumers, setting the vision, strategy, and roadmaps for our portfolio of technologies and products. You will have a unique organization-wide view across all our functions to fuel the aggressive business growth.
What you'll be doing
- Lead, grow, and mentor a multiple globally-dispersed scrum teams of world-class engineers while scaling the respective engineering teams to fuel business growth
- Oversee technical delivery and ensure the product vision is realized through engineering excellence
- Focus on customer needs; translate customer requirements and business objectives to a clear vision and actionable plan for the respective engineering teams
- Provide technical leadership, develop and execute against a technical roadmap, and work closely with peers in Product, Ux, and Engineering to align with the business and product strategy
- Work with the team actively during quarterly planning and sprint execution to ensure timely delivery of various releases.
- Coach and mentor the team in agile principles and practices and step in as a hands on engineering leader as needed
- Design and champion a strong engineering culture that truly empowers engineers
- You will have an opportunity to lead one or more scrum teams in the domain areas of Customer Business Portal, Video Player & Live Streaming, Content Studio and or Ads based on the experience and skill set.
We'll be excited if you have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, a related STEM field, or equivalent practical experience; graduate degree preferred and must be based in the Bay Area or willing to relocate.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience leading and growing engineering teams through different stages of the business and product lifecycle
- 8+ years of experience leading development of customer-facing products with a proven track record leading, developing, and delivering significant, complex B2B or B2C products and solutions at scale
- Experience in managing either frontend, backend or full stack teams and technologies
- Demonstrated leadership experience in managing cross-functional teams in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- Have an extended network of talented engineers; be able to recruit, mentor, and retain top talents
- Extensive experience building and maintaining engineering best practices
- Thrives working with a globally distributed team in an agile environment, including CI/CD and Test-Driven Development
- Advanced technical background in:
- Designing large scale applications and systems
- Building solutions on the cloud (AWS or GCP) and Kubernetes
- Managing cloud-based infrastructure
- Algorithms and performance optimizations
- Video and streaming tech stack experience is highly desired
- Fullstack (web, mobile, data) experience is highly desired
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong influencer and communicator to various types of technical and non-technical audiences (writing, speaking, presenting)
- High emotional intelligence and empathy with ability to build trust and rapport while tackling tough problems
- Experience in any of the domain areas listed above
A BIG PLUS if you have
- Experience working on video/streaming platforms
- Experience working on ecommerce platforms
- Experience working on advertising platforms
The role may be hybrid in one of our offices or remote. For remote, we are looking for candidates based in the United States.
Don’t hold back
We understand some candidates may see the above and not apply because they don’t meet all the qualifications. We encourage you to apply anyway; we often find talented candidates that fit many other opportunities we have and look for potential too, not just what you did in the past. As an equal employment opportunity employer, we are a diverse team that strives for an inclusive environment for all. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies
Please note that while Firework and its subsidiaries appreciate agency outreach, we currently do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Firework and its subsidiaries reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.