San Francisco, CA
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
The Compute organization at Stripe manages the core cloud infrastructure that powers Stripe’s products and services. Our teams are responsible for managing Stripe’s server fleet, container orchestration, and deployments. As an Engineer working with teams in Compute, you will play a key leadership role in enabling Stripe’s infrastructure to power all of our products, globally and at scale. Your solutions will allow our business to scale and achieve a best in class price/performance ratio.
The Orchestration team within Compute at Stripe is in charge of building the core infrastructure used by product teams to build microservices to support our business. This includes defining and driving the vision necessary to achieve best of breed scale and availability. We continuously invest in building new distributed services and scaling existing technologies while working with various teams to meet their current and future needs.
What you’ll do
You will support a team of engineers focused on building the next generation of service platform at Stripe. In addition to helping define the roadmap for the next 3-5 years, you will be interacting with many other managers and their teams at Stripe, who rely on the Orchestration service platform to deliver stable and scalable services to our customers. You will work with a team that is in charge of building the core infrastructure used by the product teams to build and operate microservices to support our business.
- Drive the roadmap and priorities for the team, and work with other engineering teams across the company.
- Support the team in achieving a high level of technical excellence and stability.
- Be opinionated in building the team's technical vision and play a primary role in technical decision making.
- Hire and develop talent on the team.
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- 6+ years of software development experience
- 1+ years of engineering management experience
- Experience building strong technical teams that balance operational excellence, collaboration and user needs
- Proven track record of building large scale, complex distributed systems with open source tools; identifying shortcomings and optimization opportunities; and making data driven cost performance tradeoffs to influence design decisions
- Experience in managing development team in AWS/Azure/OCI/GCP
- Experience managing remote and distributed teams
- Experience working closely across geographies
- Familiarity with managing a large fleet of Linux servers, Kubernetes, control planes
Pay and benefits
The annual US base salary range for this role is $232,400 - $328,100. For sales roles, the range provided is the role’s On Target Earnings ("OTE") range, meaning that the range includes both the sales commissions/sales bonuses target and annual base salary for the role. This salary range may be inclusive of several career levels at Stripe and will be narrowed during the interview process based on a number of factors, including the candidate’s experience, qualifications, and location. Applicants interested in this role and who are not located in the US may request the annual salary range for their location during the interview process.
Additional benefits for this role may include: equity, company bonus or sales commissions/bonuses; 401(k) plan; medical, dental, and vision benefits; and wellness stipends.
Seattle, Toronto, or South San Francisco HQ
Remote in Canada, or United States
Infrastructure & Corporate Tech
Please find our California applicant personal information notice here.
We look forward to hearing from you
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.