Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of members, more than 400 millions of downloads, 2 billion swipes per day, 60+ billion total matches and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
At Tinder, we are passionate about building software to bring our growing global user base one swipe closer to a new adventure! We empower all team members to contribute solutions - this is not a top down organization. We feel it is important to learn from one another and grow as a team.
As the Engineering Manager for User Growth at Tinder, you will have an outsized impact by leading the team that builds new, user-facing features related to user acquisitions, activations, retention, and new user education. You’d have the opportunity to lead a team of 5 - 10 android engineers building one of the most foundational aspects of the Tinder app: our long term user growth. We are deeply invested in challenging norms, constantly improving architecture designs, exploring emergent tech and ideas, and leveraging new technologies in interesting ways to deliver an app that is widely known in 190 countries across the world.
What You'll Do:
- Lead a team of Android engineers to build consumer-facing features that reach millions of users globally
- Define and own the objectives and metrics for your team, and devise a development strategy and roadmap
- Lead and mentor team members to reach their full potential
- Recruit and build a world-class mobile engineering team
- Collaborate with many cross-functional teams (product, design, backend, analytics) to execute on that roadmap, and deliver it with high quality in a timely manner
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of Android engineering experience
- 1+ year of technical leadership experience
- Significant experience building applications in Kotlin and knowledge of Kotlin concepts (structs or data classes, optionals, concurrency)
- Experience leading a team that has shipped large software projects at scale
- Passionate about shipping great features with a fast-moving team
- Wisdom to know when and how to make technical trade-offs
- Someone who is not afraid to make critical decisions and has a bias towards action
- Deep knowledge of mobile architecture patterns (e.g. MVVM, Clean)
- Ability to inspire and motivate the team to go above and beyond
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives all around the world
- Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
- Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Other perks and wellness benefits like a fitness membership subsidy, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance offerings, and a commuter subsidy
- A robust Learning + Development offering including our MentorMatch program, access to a library of 6,000+ online learning courses through Udemy, and an annual L+D stipend
- Access to mental health resources
- Fertility preservation benefits
- No Meeting Wednesdays and access to a wide range of product and service discounts through Perkspot
- Charitable donations match up to $15,000 annually
- Monthly and weekly interactive virtual events including Book Club, trivia with prizes and yoga workouts
- The opportunity to join six active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive and diverse environment, giving people from all walks of life the opportunity to have a voice. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience.