Color is a health technology company that makes population-scale healthcare programs accessible, convenient, and cost-effective for everyone. We have raised $100 million in Series E funding, bringing our valuation to $4.6 billion and our total raised amount to $378 million. We work with governments, public health institutions, employers, and national health initiatives around the world to provide the tools for preventive health and infectious disease management, including testing, vaccinations, and other services.
Apply to join Color and do the most meaningful work of your career. If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified but are up for the challenge - we want you to apply!
What we offer:
💰 Competitive salary
✨ Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
📈 401k match
📝 Monthly phone and wifi stipend for employees
🏝 Generous vacation policy, paid holidays and company-wide recharge days
🍼 Equal paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
🧬 Four complimentary clinical-grade genetic testing kits for you and your family
The New Verticals division at Color is on a mission to design and deliver a portfolio of health programs, building across the stack to test and scale new commercial opportunities. The Growth team within New Verticals is focused on building, scaling, and optimizing new service offerings that have gained market traction.
As the engineering manager of the New Verticals - Growth team, you will lead a team of talented software engineers to build and grow Color’s new service offerings. This will include overseeing the digital experience of new services, optimizing uptime and performance, and scaling day-to-day operations.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Scale and operationalize service offerings to impact key program metrics (e.g. funnel conversions, revenue, satisfaction, clinical outcomes, etc.).
- Manage, support, coach and mentor the engineers on your team and actively engage in their professional growth.
- Scale your team by attracting and closing world-class engineers, working closely with engineering leadership, and defining the team’s long-term hiring needs.
- Drive engineering practices across your team and the wider engineering organization to achieve a high level of agility and technical and product quality.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Excitement about using software and technology to help save lives and prevent catastrophic disease. You want to apply your skills in the service of a greater mission.
- 5+ years of industry experience as a software engineer (or equivalent role) and 2+ years of industry experience managing software engineers.
- Knowledge on building recruiting pipelines that support diverse and inclusive hiring in a rapidly growing organization.
- Launched features, products and/or systems successfully into the wild and iterated to incorporate user feedback. You're passionate about engineering processes that maximize developer velocity.
- Effectively communication + collaboration skills - sharing technical information to both technical and non-technical collaborators: you identify core challenges in complex situations, explain trade offs, and incorporate feedback to drive decisions through docs, wikis, meetings, and other channels as needed.
- Experience building applications with modern web stacks.
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with our technology stack including Python, Django, AWS, SQL, REST APIs, React, HTML5, CSS3, and ES6+.
- Experience building a product from nothing and seeing it through a successful launch and scaling phase.
- Experience and are passionate about building and managing a portfolio of products.
Possible Projects To Contribute To:
- Create processes and systems of scale that enable Color to address the ongoing COVID pandemic with our antivirals service as we expand across the US.
- Integrate telehealth experiences for follow-up and scheduled appointments.
- Launch new antiviral experiences that address a diverse set of infectious diseases.
- Collaborate with other engineering leaders to define company best practices for code quality, deployments, and developer velocity and happiness.
Color is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants with disabilities in our recruitment process.
Mandatory Vaccination Policy Disclosure
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Color requires anyone working onsite or visiting Color’s offices to confirm they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious accommodation is timely requested and approved. Please reach out if you have questions or concerns about this policy and how it may apply to your candidacy for a role with Color.