Cranberry Township, PA
The Engineering Manager, Strategic Projects – AC Engineering, is responsible for the project development, implementation, and results of both small and large-scale projects within the AC Supply Chain network of Manufacturing Plants and Distribution Centers. Projects may include Network Optimization (opening, closing, and relocation of manufacturing plants), Capital Initiatives including building construction and expansion, design, procurement and installation of raw material tankage, racking, processing, filling and packaging equipment, utility systems, and Automation & Process Control Initiatives.
You will work a Hybrid role and report to the Engineering Manager. This position will be located in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Participate with local site operations in planning facility projects, developing project scopes, and preparing construction cost estimates.
- Ensure that project concepts, scopes, costs, and time schedules are well developed and that the project will accomplish the stated objectives, on time and within budget.
- Direct the design engineering and construction work for assigned projects in accordance with PPG procedures.
- Provide quality services in technical matters relative to the business from simple engineering recommendations to projects that can range in value up to $20MM.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of engineering best practices, construction and fire prevention codes, local and state codes, and regulations that relate to the business.
- Manage the design and construction work for projects in which the scope and/or complexity exceeds the capability of the operating facility.
- Provides engineering services to locations regarding technical matters relative to cost reductions, economic evaluations, design of operating equipment, layout of manufacturing systems and warehouses, material handling, packaging, and utilities.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Civil, Industrial, or Electrical Engineering, or a related field. Seven (7) years of applicable, progressively responsible experience in chemical or mechanical construction project engineering.
- Professional Engineer or as a Project Management Professional (PMP) desirable.
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every single day at PPG:
- We partner with customers to create mutual value.
- We are "One PPG" to the world.
- We trust our people every day, in every way.
- We make it happen.
- We run it like we own it.
We do better today than yesterday – everyday.
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. If you need assistance to complete your application due to a disability, please email email@example.com.
PPG values your feedback on our recruiting process. We encourage you to visit Glassdoor.com and provide feedback on the process, so that we can do better today than yesterday.
Benefits will be discussed with you by your recruiter during the hiring process.