Modern Fertility San Francisco or Remote8 days ago
Modern Fertility is looking for a hands-on leader who will act as a player-coach on our quickly growing team (currently 5 in engineering). We are looking for someone who is excited to mentor a group of high performing product engineers while maintaining your own technical chops, and ideally provide expertise in backend systems and infrastructure. In this role, you will have eyes on all pieces of the product — from building out our systems, to architecting future facing decisions, to ensuring we are prioritizing engineering excellence in everything we build. You will collaborate closely with team members all across the company (product, marketing, ops — you name it) and be a key stakeholder in making cross-functional engineering decisions.
On the outside, we are delivering the products that people need to be proactive about their reproductive health. This includes both tangible at-home testing kits and personalized digital tools (you can see a sneak peek of the logged in web experience here, and download our iOS app here). We have a unique opportunity to expand research and insights in reproductive health using data and under the hood, we are building personalized, data-driven systems from the ground up to make this happen. In this role, you will be a key driver in solving these challenges.
If you are someone who is passionate about building meaningful products, want to have a high sense of ownership, and interested in maintaining individual impact while mentoring a team, we’d love to talk to you.
What gets us excited:
- You thrive in a fast-paced, cross functional environment and share our passion for allowing all people with ovaries the access they need to reproductive health information.
- You have at least 2 years mentoring and/or formally managed other engineers. You value engineering excellence, welcome feedback, and love to learn. You get energy from working closely with a team.
- You are comfortable configuring and managing several of the most popular AWS tools.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You’re meticulously organized. It allows you to iterate quickly and respect deadlines.
- You have great perseverance and an iron-clad work ethic. You roll up your sleeves to do whatever needs to be done.
- You’re passionate about making reproductive health information more accessible for people everywhere.
- We are based in San Francisco, but open to this person being based remotely.