This job is remote.
This role accepts applications from those located in the following states: California, Colorado, Florida, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Texas, Washington.
This position pays in USD.
Who We Are
ThirdLove disrupted the lingerie industry by empowering women to find their perfect fit online with our innovative Fitting Room® quiz and is one of the original brands to operate 100% direct-to-consumer. All design and R&D is done in-house, and our extensive and complex supply chain is fully managed by our team. Inclusivity is at the core of who we are and how we serve our customers and build our teams.
Traditionally, women were given a choice between two options when it came to their bras and underwear: Be sexy, or be comfortable. Our Cofounders: Dave Spector, Heidi Zak, and Ra’el Cohen, thought that was outdated too — so, in 2013, they created ThirdLove — a third, better option, which doesn’t force us to choose between being sexy or comfortable.
What Our Team Embodies
Our culture is collaborative, fast-paced, and data-driven, and we were most recently recognized with the Great Place to Work certification. This recognition is given to a very small percentage of companies who apply for it and determined by employees’ real-time reports of their company culture. Earning this designation demonstrates to us that our teammates at ThirdLove are inspired by our mission, engaged in their everyday work, and enjoy partnering with our teammates and customers. If you want to impact millions of people, find your fit, and propel your career forward, we’d love to hear from you.
What We Are Looking For:
Do you have a passion for data, testing, learning, and creating the best possible experience for the customer? Then look no further, and come work at ThirdLove, one of the fastest-growing e-commerce brands.
The Engineering Manager role at ThirdLove is one of the most significant and challenging roles at the company. The right candidate is both extremely hands on – technically excellent, with solid engineering principles – and exhibits strong leadership and people development skills. We are looking for a world class development manager to lead one or more of our engineering teams.
The hands on part of the job is fundamental, and our development managers are writing and reviewing code, giving expert level coaching and guidance to their engineers. Staying in touch with where the industry is going is crucial, and it’s important to have strong opinions about how systems should be architected, engineered, and maintained. Our company believes in full stack engineering: you should have solid experience in all parts of the technology stack: infrastructure, client side, back end, performance, data, and others.
You are a quick thinker, love working on complex engineering problems, and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced and feedback-driven environment. You're highly self-motivated, entrepreneurial and you're looking for the right company to support your growth. Come join the journey and help us define tech at ThirdLove!
What You Will Own And How You Will Make A Difference:
- Proven technical leadership skills using technologies and frameworks such as Node.js, ReactJS, PHP or Python, GraphQL, AWS.
- A strong technical foundation. You feel comfortable diving into the code and interacting with developers at all levels of seniority.
- Experience designing, architecting and developing solutions for scale.
- Proven leadership skills. Your management skills and technical depth allows you to develop and mentor others as well as build credibility with your team while executing broader engineering strategies.
- You are comfortable working with senior stakeholders (Director level and up), both technical and non technical.
- You have successfully built and grown large teams of engineers during your career.
- A commitment and drive for quality, technical excellence and results.
- Domain experience in eCommerce, shipping & logistics, or financial services is ideal but not necessary for versatile engineering leaders who are strong in their craft.
- You have experience building your own app(s) on platforms like Shopify Plus.
Who You Are:
- You’ve worked with Shopify Plus extensively, and have experience building secure frontend applications.
- You are adept at working on different projects at once and switching hats throughout the day as needed
- You are highly collaborative and love problem solving with a team and iterating as you go
- You are business savvy and thrive when you understand the broader context around what you’re building
- You work quickly, efficiently, and effectively - but also know how and when to raise your hand when you need more time or more support to get a task done
- You are highly organized, and love to maintain a well thought out and methodical codebase
- You’re a problem solver, and you love a good challenge: if something hasn’t been done before, even better. You love to think creatively and push outside the box.
- You’re as comfortable collaborating with a team as you are working autonomously
- 7+ years of engineering experience and have an understanding of modern technologies, frameworks, tooling, Github.
- Either 3+ years of experience as a manager or 4+ years of experience as a team lead
- Experience in ecommerce engineering for merchant(s) running at least $10M annually
- You have a detailed eye for front-end experiences
- You have strong communication skills and are comfortable presenting to leadership teams
- You have helped teams build great products that users love and have made a splash in the world
- You have a deep passion for building a more sustainable and socially responsible world
ThirdLove Offers You:
- Competitive salary + equity
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Flex time off
- Discounted and free products
- Gym discounts
- Pet Plan insurance
ThirdLove is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetics, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
ThirdLove is an E-Verify employer and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information please visit E-Verify.