Captions is the AI-powered creative studio. Millions of creators around the world have used Captions to make their video content stand out from the pack and we're on a mission to empower the next billion.
Based in NYC, we are a team of ambitious, experienced, and devoted engineers, designers, and marketers. You'll be joining an early team where you'll have an outsized impact on both the product and company's culture.
We’re very fortunate to have some the best investors and entrepreneurs backing us, including Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, Uncommon Projects, Kevin Systrom, Mike Krieger, Antoine Martin, Julie Zhuo, Ben Rubin, Jaren Glover, SVAngel, 20VC, Ludlow Ventures, Chapter One, Lenny Rachitsky, and more.
Please note that all of our roles will require you to be in-person at our NYC HQ (located in Soho)
- Manage, support, and grow the engineering team that's responsible for building our core back-end services and productionizing our AI / ML models.
- Oversee the infrastructure that underpins our consumer facing mobile and web platforms, ensuring high uptimes and performance for Captions' users.
- Partner directly with the CEO to define strategy and priorities for how we build scalable architectures and ship products that shape the future of video software.
- Establish trust and cultivate meaningful relationships within and across our engineering and design teams, encouraging a highly collaborative environment.
- Foster career development and align roadmap opportunities with the career growth interests of your team members.
- 8+ years of hands on back-end software engineering experience, with a strong understanding of computer science fundamentals (algorithms and data structures)
- 2+ years of formal people management and technical leadership experience.
- Experience managing high-performing engineering teams responsible for building and maintaining core back-end services and distributed systems
- Experience with GCP or AWS, Kubernetes, NoSQL databases, or similar technologies (bonus points for experience with GPU management, sharing, optimization at scale)
- Embraces a supportive (rather than prescriptive) people management style, and recognizes the importance of flexibility and practicality when leading teams at an earlier stage startup.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Anything you need to do your best work
- We’ve done team off-sites to places like Paris, London, Park City, Los Angeles, and Nashville with more planned in the future.
Captions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.