Docs team works on content creation and collaboration features that are key to Notion’s product offering. You'll lead a team of engineers tasked with building the next generation of content authoring and collaboration experiences. You will also work with your peers on design and product, and listen to our customers to develop a strategy that makes content creation and collaboration intuitive and scalable. You will then drive execution on your team to deliver high-quality products to Notion users. As an engineering leader at Notion, you will also contribute to up-leveling Notion's engineering organization as a whole.
What You'll Achieve:
- You'll build and manage a diverse and inclusive team of engineers working on core parts of Notion's product. You'll create a healthy environment in your team that embodies Notion's values.
- You'll recruit, coach, and develop engineers; you'll ensure engineers are regularly receiving feedback and are making progress on personal and professional goals.
- You'll collaborate closely with cross-functional peers to set the direction of your team and develop your product roadmap.
- You'll facilitate planning—the prioritization, sequencing, and staffing of work—for your team.
- You'll own execution in your team to develop a steady cadence of delivering value to Notion users.
- You'll be responsible for maintaining a high-quality bar for everything your team ships.
- You'll work with the rest of the Engineering team to shape how Notion's engineering organization works—you'll help develop our technical practices, recruiting and onboarding strategy, planning and prioritization process, and more.
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- You are passionate about improving the user experience and have built and launched high-quality content and text editing products before.
- You have 2+ years of experience managing engineering teams with a record of shipping high-quality products in a fast-paced environment.
- You have built, or are committed to building, diverse and inclusive teams.
- You are passionate about improving the user experience and have built and launched high-quality user-facing products.
- You create team environments that are at once collaborative, empowering, supportive, and challenging—ones where engineers do their best work.
- You value empathetic and direct communication enabling you to give and receive feedback effectively and create alignment cross-functionally or cross-teams.
- You have a sufficiently deep background in product and technology to ask the right questions and think through different tradeoffs.
- You have a high tolerance for ambiguity and change. You enjoy jumping into whatever areas need attention and learning as you go.
- You have shipped features that depend on CRDT/OT and are excited about new developments in the world of collaborative technologies.
- You have managed engineering teams at startups before, particularly during periods of rapid growth and organizational change.
- You have experience improving engineering and management practices and processes—e.g., code review, performance reviews, and levels and ladders—where they didn't exist before.
- You've heard of computing pioneers like Ada Lovelace, Douglas Engelbart, Alan Kay, and others—and understand why we're big fans of their work.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Notion.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation made due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
Notion is committed to providing highly competitive cash compensation, equity, and benefits. The compensation offered for this role will be based on multiple factors such as location, the role’s scope and complexity, and the candidate’s experience and expertise, and may vary from the range provided below. For roles based in New York City, the estimated base salary range for this role is $200,000 - $250,000 per year.