At Warner Music Group, we’re a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter.
Technology is one of the most important parts of our business. Whether it’s signing up new artists; ensuring we provide the right data to Spotify, YouTube, and other digital service providers; or helping artists use the latest AI tools and make thoughtful decisions with data-driven insights – technology plays an invaluable role in our success. The engineering team at Warner Music Group makes all of it a reality.
As an Engineering Manager in Data Platform, you’ll have the unique opportunity to both set direction working with Senior Engineers and business stakeholders to deliver this work, and to get hands-on designing and implementing it along with your team. Your work will be the foundation upon which all of Warner Music Group’s business processes run, covering everything from marketing optimization, performance tracking, and rights acquisition and distribution; to next-generation capabilities like artist-fan connection, trend analysis and other machine learning powered applications; and even advanced capabilities like generative AI applications in music.
We are building a next-generation Data Platform that aims to set the standard for freshness, accuracy, comprehensiveness, and ease of use to power Warner Music Group’s business. We are reimagining this platform from the ground up, including:
- How we store, represent, ingest and serve factual data about artists, songwriters, and their works.
- How we ingest, process, ETL, and serve data about music consumption across all digital platforms we partner with.
- How we represent the relationships between artists, songwriters, and their works to power next-generation search and discovery for our analysts and business partners.
Key responsibilities include:
- End to end ownership of team deliverables and objectives
- Setting technical vision and engineering best practices in collaboration with senior engineers within the team
- Active career development of engineers
- Effective hiring and team building
- Collaborating closely with business stakeholders
Here you’ll get to:
- Reimagine and implement the future of data for the music industry
- Build, drive and uplift dynamic and highly effective engineering team(s)
- Own the creation and delivery of highly innovative products
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related field
- You’re a passionate technical engineering leader, with at least 1 year of experience leading engineering teams of 4-10 engineers
- You are hands on leader who writes code, conducts code reviews, and participates in setting engineering best practices
- You communicate effectively and have a proven track record of effective hiring and team building
- You thrive in ambiguity and fast-paced, evolving environments
- You’re an empathetic leader who builds strong teams
As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world’s premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We’re the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2023 Warner Music Inc.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.