Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that's where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC and English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
As an Engineering Manager at Duolingo, you will have the opportunity to grow as both a software engineer and an engineering leader. In this role, you’ll join Duolingo’s rapidly growing engineering organization to lead mission critical projects from end to end, contribute to product strategy and lead a team of world-class engineers.
- Lead and develop a team of software engineers, including task planning, technical leadership and career development of your reports.
- Own the overall planning, execution and success of projects that directly improve our top-line business metrics.
- Lead the development of new features and/or microservices in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Collaborate with product teams across the company to find new imaginative opportunities to increase company business metrics, like DAUs, revenue, retention and app performance.
- Identify best practices and tools to maximize our ability to build and maintain features and services.
- Experience in guiding a software engineering team and setting technical direction.
- Experience in leading cross-functional software engineering projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- B.A./B.S. in Computer Science or a related field
Exceptional Candidates Will Have...
- Experience in fast-growing, consumer-facing, data-driven startups, ideally mobile app based.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or a related field.
We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Because Duolingo requires all employees to return to work from an office, all employees will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to remain employed unless they have an exemption to vaccination pursuant to a required reasonable accommodation. This is so that our employees feel safe in the office.
Take a peek at how we care for our employees' holistic well-being with our benefits here.
Duolingo is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.