WHY JOIN ALO?
Mindful movement. It’s at the core of why we do what we do at Alo—it’s our calling. Because mindful movement in the studio leads to better living. It changes who yogis are off the mat, making their lives and their communities better. That’s the real meaning of studio-to-street: taking the consciousness from practice on the mat and putting it into practice in life.
The Engineering Manager will be responsible for managing a team of talented engineers while overseeing and optimizing our product technology initiatives and stack. You will report to the Director of Engineering and collaborate closely with cross-functional teams such as Product, QE, UX, MarTech, and Data. You will help grow the next generation of engineers and play a leading role in technical strategy. The ideal candidate will be motivated and proactive with a strong technical background; experience building and leading engineering teams; proven leadership, management, and communication skills; and a track record of delivering high-quality software.
- Oversee the design, development, and maintenance of our ecommerce platform and related systems applying strong detail-orientation and problem-solving skills as it pertains to technical implementation techniques
- Lead a team of 4-9 consisting of front end, back end, full stack, onshore, and offshore engineers
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product, design, and operations, to define and deliver on key product initiatives
- Ensure the reliability, scalability, and security of our ecommerce technology
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and technologies, and evaluate and implement new tools and approaches as needed
- Develop and maintain technical roadmaps, project plans, and schedules
- Ensure that development processes are streamlined and efficient, and that quality standards are consistently met
- Hire and develop technical talent in the organization. Provide technical guidance and mentorship to team members, fostering a culture of respect, transparency, trust, continuous learning and improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
- 10+ years of experience in software development, with at least 3 years of experience in a leadership role including management over the full tech stack
- Experience with e-commerce architecture, systems and related technologies such as web, cloud, payment systems, etc with an understanding of the technical and client experience differences between site, mobile web, and app
- Track record of delivering high quality solutions that support the company strategy and are integrated with automated test, observability, security, and analytics
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships easily and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Expert in modern engineering practices such as Lean, Devops, and Agile, responsible for developing and enforcing these principles on their team and influencing other teams across the department
- Experience in managing change by leading and energizing others, modeling adaptability, and inspiring strong organizational performance through periods of transformation, ambiguity, and complexity
- A strong leader who can think strategically, grow the team rapidly, and can grow alongside a fast growing company
The base salary range for this position is $200,000-$230,000 per year which represents the current range for the base salary for this exempt position. Please note that actual salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. As such, on occasion and when applicable, there is the possibility that the final, agreed-upon base salary may be outside of the upper end of the range. Please also note the range listed is just one component of the company’s total rewards package for exempt employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives, a PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level