Timbers Company is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. We are passionate about creating remarkable experiences with world-class hospitality while exposing our Owners and guests to the humble authenticity of every location that we call home.
Captiva Island has been the destination of choice for generations of families. South Seas, for many, is where the destination has come to life. The 330-acre retreat and wildlife nature preserve on the Florida Gulf Coast offers elevated coastal experiences and world-class amenities designed to appeal to a multitude of guests. Join this passionate and hardworking team and enjoy working in paradise.
Our Core Values:
We are in the business of creating an authentic sense of place for families to return to time and time again while committing ourselves to creating memorable and fun experiencers through passionate, attentive service. This mantra is reflected in everything we do and every interaction we have whether it be in hospitality operations management, asset management, development, or sales & marketing.
Our values define who we are.
- Be Authentic
- Practice Humility
- Cultivate Teamwork
- Value Time
- Be Trustworthy
WORK IN PARADISE … at the beautiful South Seas on the tip of Captiva Island on Florida’s Gulf Coast just across the bridge from Fort Myers. Escape to a tranquil tropical island destination, marked by 2.5 miles of beaches, surrounded by glistening gulf waters and endless opportunities for fun and adventure.
Yes, we were significantly impacted by Hurricane Ian, but our beaches and sunsets are stunning - and we’re coming back with a new and refreshed resort!
JOIN OUR MISSION
We are a part of Timbers Company, a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. We are always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories. Grow your career with us and learn first-hand how to shape remarkable experiences for our NEW world-class resort, guests, and owners.
The Engineering Manager serves to maintain the entire hotel facility focusing primarily on front of the house operations including guest and owner units, also including the physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems, and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventative maintenance programs. Ensure the upkeep of guest areas to maintain an attractive property. This position will respond to inquiries and problems in an efficient, courteous and professional manner to achieve maximum customer satisfaction while complying with Timber’s Company standards. This role will be a critical with the redevelopment of the resort.
RATE OF PAY: salary at $75,000
- Conduct walk-throughs and visually assess the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structure(s) of the resort, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and any other related equipment.
- Verify completion of all routine maintenance on public spaces, meeting rooms, ballrooms, outlets, back of the house spaces, grounds, Golf Clubhouse, Lodge, Marina, tennis center, restaurants, water park, pool complexes, fitness center, spa, and commercial spaces.
- Verify completion of all repairs, replacement, and renovation projects to offices and employee work areas.
- Assist in hiring, training, supervising, counseling, evaluations, disciplining department staff, and all other staff under direction of the Engineering Department. Providing professional development and recognition for their team is also very important.
- Adhere to all corporate-required purchasing policies and controls, including, but not limited to, all outside contractor bids, budgets, and schedules.
- Follow prescribed safety procedures for personnel and equipment by the company and OSHA.
- Maintain effective Energy Management and Preventive Maintenance programs and conduct special training for other operating departments on the safe and efficient use of equipment and energy in the resort.
- Inform the General Manager and department heads on a regular basis regarding the specific and overall condition of the building structure(s), related systems, and equipment offering prudent, cost-effective proposals for maintaining these systems. Access and input information into a computer and generate reports.
- Review and understand all agreements and ensure all HOA/CDD billings are accurate.
- Ensure all maintenance work which is performed on non-resort assets is properly billed to HOAs.
- Supervise necessary repairs and maintenance throughout the property.
- Assists in execution of capital projects, leading special projects, and property rehabilitations.
- Prepare technical data, bidding, project work, alterations, and repairs for properties. Must have basic knowledge of building codes.
- Actively train in fire prevention, environmental health and safety, and engineering systems. Attending all meetings regarding resort operations, i.e., department, fire, safety, health, and quality improvement.
- Oversee daily and weekly payrolls. Prepare departmental manpower schedules.
- Oversee water treatment programs.
- Attending morning walk around as required.
- Professionally represent the resort in community and industry organizations and events.
- Participate as a team player with all departments.
- Provide constructive feedback to all departments.
- Be a leader and a role model to all employees, acting in the absence of the Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (not limited to)
- Must have a thorough knowledge of all types of mechanical equipment such as chillers, boilers, water softeners, and refrigeration equipment.
- Must have thorough knowledge of plumbing and electrical systems, maintenance of records of power, water, and fuel consumption.
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain any government required licenses, certificates or permits.
- Must have experience in office procedures, ordering materials, securing bids, and of city codes and other applicable building laws, building construction, blueprint reading, etc.
- May be required: to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Education: Vocational schooling, military training, certification and/or experience in building related trades required in 1 or more of the following areas: HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, or mechanical.
- Experience: Three to five years' previous maintenance experience is required, preferably in the hospitality industry
- Required Experience: Previous supervisory experience.
- Required: Must have a valid driver’s license, motor vehicle background check will be completed
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Fluent in English language, must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision.
- This position holds multiple job functions at once, a great multitasker.
- Must show initiative in job performance, including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a necessity.
- Works well in stressful, high-pressure situations – fast paced environment.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns or issues raised by coworkers and/or guests.
- Teamwork is essential and critical in this role.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess knowledge of Microsoft Office & Outlook programs as well as ability to operate or learn to operate HotSOS maintenance program computer skills.
- Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
WORKING CONDITIONS - PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Working in all different types of spaces including confined and/or exposer to hot working environment on a daily basis.
- Position requires you to be able to stand, walk, bend and stoop for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able work in different types of weather, including high temperatures.
- Operating a variety of equipment specific to each building or operation, along with safety equipment such as fire extinguishers
HOURS REQUIRED 40 - 50 hours per week, flexible schedule, will be required to work weekends and/or holidays.
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).