Our Growth Engineering organization is looking for its next Engineering Manager to lead a new team that will drive application performance, security, accessibility, and tooling to support internal stakeholders. You'll work closely with other leaders to build a sensible process on your team and help us level up the entire org. We’re looking to hire a motivated, compassionate, thoughtful person who has the tech chops to mentor their team, as well as a good sense for balancing execution with growing careers.
As Engineering Manager, you will have the opportunity to:
- Manage a team in our Engineering organization, responsible for building features and services that will support Thirty Madison’s largest growth-sized brands.
- Guide, mentor, and coach 4 - 8 backend and frontend developers and balance executing against the team’s mission and developing reports’ careers through 1:1s, performance evaluations, and advocating for raises and promotions.
- Work with Senior Engineering leaders to develop a strong and balanced engineering culture at Thirty Madison that embodies our mission of delivering modern, high quality, and accessible health care services
- Be involved in the engineering recruiting process from outreach and interviewing to interviewer training and onboarding new hires
- Be a connector across engineering teams to drive sound technical and architecture decisions that help optimally scale our products
Qualifications / What you bring to the role:
- You are a positive, inspiring, and encouraging leader; a nurturer of talent
- You have a passion for building an inclusive team culture where engineers of a diverse set of backgrounds can grow.
- Experience improving site performance, accessibility, and building technology to support your peer Engineering teams
- A track record of growing teams, continuous improvement, and have completed validated solutions to reach the desired outcomes.
- You have been a part of shipping several successful products, ideally across domains
- A desire to build teams that others will learn from.
- You know how to balance team morale, while continuing to compete against ambitious timelines.
- You have experience handling collaborators and pushing back on items that are not high priority.
- You are an excellent communicator and can provide non-technical explanations for highly technical projects.
Benefits for full-time Thirty Madison employees:
- Competitive salary packages and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether it’s a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $750 wellness allowance