Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and creativity, where you can be on the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to crafting an ambitious and inclusive work environment, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be with.
**Must Reside in Ontario**
Ebay's Buyer team is looking for a seasoned Engineering Manager to work on key parts of ebay including the home page. You’ll be working with a world class team of engineers, designers, product managers, and analysts to create great products that make a difference on one of the world’s most trafficked and loved websites. Our technology stack includes Node.js front end app and Java/Scala based back-end.
The ideal candidate will possess a good balance of technology and people management skills; leads with empathy; has a keen desire to deeply understand our products and services to push our technology forward with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, and scalability.
What will you do?
- Lead a talented full-stack team of backend, and frontend engineers
- Mentor and guide the development of your team members in a tailored empathetic manner suited for each individual
- Build collaborative and inclusive teams
- Own your teams deliverables and ship high quality software
- Build and maintain a healthy prioritized backlog in alignment with the team goals
- Collaborate with product managers, business units, analytics to brainstorm and build the next generation of our product and scale it.
- Layout technical vision for the team
- Push the bar to solve complex technical challenges of scale and performance
- Maintain a balance between short term and long term goals while shipping high impact products quickly
- Partner effectively and influence peers and senior leadership both within the organization and across eBay
- Experience leading or managing a small to medium-sized team of developers
- Experience in building large scale distributed systems with high availability, scalability and resiliency
- Proven results-oriented person with a focus on delivery in a high-velocity environment
- Great communication skills. Needs to articulate thoughts and proposals clearly
- Experienced working in Agile teams
- Ability to grasp new areas; and adapt to changes
- Familiarity with eCommerce is a plus
- 10 years of work experience and 3+ years of leading or managing a team
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible. View our accessibility info to learn more about eBay's commitment to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement.
Jobs posted with location as "Remote - United States (Excludes: HI, NM)" excludes residents of Hawaii and New Mexico.