At Asana, we’re building collaboration and communication software to help every team in the world work together effortlessly and do great things together. Our web engineering team works closely with brand designers and our business teams to make Asana’s public web presence best in class to get people to start and succeed at using Asana. We love building robust, beautiful, global, and compelling experiences for our visitors. We’re focused on supporting our growing self-serve business needs by delivering scalable systems end-to-end for Asana public properties.
As a manager on the web engineering team, you’ll focus on developing the excellent engineering team around you and collaborating with our business stakeholders. You are passionate about helping others contribute more and develop as web engineers as well as human beings. You enjoy the challenge of balancing speed of execution with quality while building scalable solutions to support our Asana’s growing business needs. And you should be as enthusiastic about recruiting and building a team as you are about the challenging technical problems that you and your team will solve.
What you’ll achieve
- Manage a team of 5-8 engineers on the web engineering team
- Contribute to driving our growth by delivering high performing, SEO, and localized content to help our Asana.com visitors around the globe discover and use Asana
- Partner with our business teams across Marketing, Sales, and Brand to support marketing launches, growth experimentation, and increase our self-serve top-of-funnel
- Coach engineers in their technical and professional development
- Master the arts of delegation and scaling yourself aided by our strong team and things like Asana’s Areas of responsibility (“AOR”) system
- Work closely with recruiting to grow the team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, and onboarding new employees
- 5+ years of relevant engineering experience with websites and/or applications in React and Next.js, or similar technologies and frameworks.
- 2+ years experience managing an engineering team. CMS experience is a plus.
- Experience working cross-functionally with business partners and brand design in an agile environment
- Willing and able to dive into the code yourself
- Focused on maximizing impact for yourself, your team, and Asana as a whole
- Equipped with the intelligence, empathy, integrity, and technical chops required to quickly earn the trust of a technically astute team
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done—and then doing it