What’s so great about working on Calendly’s Engineering team?
We make things possible for our customers through impactful innovation.
Why do we need you? We are looking for an Engineering Manager for our Workflows and Integrations teams who combines technical savvy and leadership skills. This role reports to the Head of Engineering (Ecosystems) and will be leading the team building the core of how Calendly integrates with leading third party SaaS solutions as well as a product-wide eventing and workflow framework.
A day in the life of an Engineering Manager at Calendly
As a Manager at Calendly, you have the chance to mentor and grow some of the best and brightest engineers in the world. This role will work alongside our engineering and product management teams to make Calendly even simpler and more powerful for our user base. We are seeking a versatile technical leader who relishes the chance to work on impactful technology and can help accelerate and empower our development teams while helping us create the future of scheduling.
We’re looking for someone with previous experience in SaaS and with cloud technology. Top candidates bring clarity where there is ambiguity and can work autonomously to research and uncover solutions. If chosen for this role, you’ll be responsible for mentoring, coaching, and planning for the future of your team. At Calendly, you’ll have the opportunity to make a huge impact on the quality and development of a product impacting millions.
On a typical day, you will be working on:
- Collaborating with your counterparts in Product, Design and Engineering to re-imagine our integration and workflow products
- Building and maintaining high-performing engineering teams
- Facilitating the professional development of your engineers
- Act as a trusted partner and advisor to engineering leadership
- Promoting modern distributed software engineering practices
What do we need from you?
- You've been working in software engineering for over 8 years, with 2 years of leading a team
- You're experienced working with high visibility systems with a large volume of users
- You're an excellent communicator who can succinctly explain complex technical concepts
- You can drive technical decisions and provide guidance to solve problems
- You're unfazed by ambiguity and see this it an opportunity to drive meaningful change
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
What’s in it for you?
Ready to make a serious impact? Millions of people already rely on Calendly’s products, and we’re still in the midst of our growth curve — it’s a phenomenal time to join us. Everything you’ll work on here will accelerate your career to the next level. If you want to learn, grow, and do the best work of your life alongside the best people you’ve ever worked with, then we hope you’ll consider making Calendly a part of your professional career.
Our Hiring Process:
Typically, individuals will participate in the following interview process. However, there may be slight nuances given the role and or department we are hiring for. Please keep in mind that individuals can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- Qualified individuals will be invited to schedule a phone interview with a member of our recruiting team. This is a great time to ask any initial questions you have about the company or the role.
- Next, we’ll put you in direct contact with your potential manager. You’ll get a chance to learn even more about life at Calendly, the responsibilities within your role, and the qualities needed to succeed here.
- Then, you will perform an interview exercise, where you can highlight your skills.
- Next, or in parallel, you’ll meet with your potential team members.
- Finally, we connect with those you’ve worked with before, to learn more about the impact you can make, the value you bring, and the best way to set you up for success at Calendly.
We aim to provide an inclusive and equitable experience to everyone who expresses interest in working at Calendly. The recruiter assigned to this role will keep you informed every step of the way. Have questions? Let your recruiter know! Want to share your experience? We are passionately committed to improving and building on our process, and we consider feedback a gift.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the application or recruiting process, please contact us at email@example.com .
This specific role is not eligible for employment in California or Hawaii. Note that all individual roles will specify location eligibility.
Candidates residing in California may visit our Notice at Collection for California Candidates here: Notice at Collection